marking for speed humps

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

marking for speed humps

Postby kesterj » Fri May 03, 2013 5:56 pm

can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?
kesterj

Re: marking for speed humps

Postby woodvale » Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

kesterj wrote:can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?

Why?

There's no need. If that's the fastest way to get somewhere, taking into account the lower average speed along the road with the speed humps, then Waze will route you that way. If it's not, because of the lower average speed, it won't.
John
woodvale Local Champ, AM City and South London, Jamaica
Latest Waze on Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1
Waze FAQ UK wiki UK Forum
ImageImage
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Some people with fancy cars can't go over them at all and therefore speed doesn't factor into it. Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time, and based on the small number of people who are affected, I doubt it will be available any time in the next few years.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ncc1701v » Fri May 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Personally I would like it not for routing but as a hazard marking. Several times at night, in an unknown neighborhood, I've whacked into dark, unmarked, steep and sometimes broken up speedbumps.
... and the "v" is for Volvo.
ncc1701v

Postby kesterj » Sat May 04, 2013 10:53 am

^^^i i can see that been a issue if i was driving the other car...

but i made the point as there is a road parallel two block down that has no humps, now if you driving at 9 in the night the average road speed no longer "works" in am guessing is it is a residential area the (delta speed may be slow) but as a driver, would you not prefer to be routed to the road with no humps if there where one?

a other thing is most you you live in places that have signs for speed humps or at-least paint them, sadly i don't.

next "Waze is so good it even knows where the speed humps are..." :)
Just saying...

Thanks again.
kesterj

Postby Wezy904 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 am

I would like if this feature was implemented. There have been many occasions that I have been caught unexpectedly by an unmarked speed bump. Please consider making this feature a reality.
Wezy904

Postby lyndieh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:19 am

I agree that marking these as road hazards would be a great idea. There are a lot of speed bumps in my area, some are marked while others aren't marked very well. It would be nice to have a little advanced notice before hitting them at full speed.
lyndieh

Postby htahta » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:57 am

Driving has still be done by the driver. If he still looks at his phone to see what is comming up. He then is missing the road. Is he then a good driver?
Eyes to the road, and use your phone to guid you from A to B not to lead you. From hump to hump.
Remeber a driver without routing asistent, hase to drive bye the eye. And when he misses a hump. He knows, that he is driving to fast.

note. I also like good marked humps
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux
htahta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Riamus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 am

If audio is on, the driver doesn't have to look at the phone to see what's coming. :)

I like the option of hazards for speed bumps and they should have a long life span (at least a month, if not 6-12 months) from the last thanks. Speed bumps don't just cause problems for low-sitting cars, but can also be a problem for RVs or certain vehicles with trailers. And also consider that although some are easy to go over (a low grade slope), others are little short of being a curb in the middle of the road (almost vertical on each end). Those ones are ridiculous and I think they should all go away, but they are definitely a hazard that would be best marked.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby ncc1701v » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Riamus wrote:If audio is on, the driver doesn't have to look at the phone to see what's coming. :)

Ha ha but that's just not true. For example it is often hard to find street signs, so when I hear I'm about to turn I often look at the map and say "hmm, first there's a crossroad at an angle, then an alley, then my junction which is only a right turn".

Riamus wrote:Speed bumps don't just cause problems for low-sitting cars, but can also be a problem for RVs or certain vehicles with trailers.

and they can destroy your shocks. I've seen a car disabled when one essentially exploded.
... and the "v" is for Volvo.
ncc1701v

Next

Return to WME Feature Requests