marking for speed humps

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Re: marking for speed humps

Postby woodvale » Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

kesterj wrote:can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?

Why?

There's no need. If that's the fastest way to get somewhere, taking into account the lower average speed along the road with the speed humps, then Waze will route you that way. If it's not, because of the lower average speed, it won't.
John
woodvale UK Champ, UK CM, AM City and South London, Jamaica WI
Latest Waze on Galaxy S7 Android 7.0
Waze FAQ UK Wazeopedia UK Forum
ImageImageImage
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Wezy904 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 am

I would like if this feature was implemented. There have been many occasions that I have been caught unexpectedly by an unmarked speed bump. Please consider making this feature a reality.
Wezy904

Postby vince1612 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 am

TripleFun92 wrote:4 years and the feature is still not considered..

Yeah, because the forum is not where suggestions should be made and people don't read the guidelines on how to make the suggestion properly.
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Anytime you guys feel like reading the guidelines ;)
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby usa_nxblxi25 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:38 am

I too would like to see an update to mark speed bumps - and yes, I'd like it to affect routing. I've been routed over a narrow street with speed bumps when there is a parallel street one block over - I guess the road with speed bumps just doesn't get enough traffic to have even an average speed recorded.
usa_nxblxi25

Postby TripleFun92 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 am

4 years and the feature is still not considered..
This will actually help a lot of people. Where I live, there usually exists unmarked, unpainted, speed bumps. Having Waze notifying us about them will not only impress people but also benefits us on the long run.
a simple "Speed bumps reported ahead" warning when approaching a street full of speed bumps, will suffice.
Image Image
TripleFun92
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby RodNav » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 am

AndyPoms wrote:
pydagenais wrote:Simple suggestion but not in the way WAZE ask us to edit...

add a junction node at the speed bumps,
it will add like 3 sec penality to the street and route more often on the streets free of speed bumps, except on traffic detour.

please wait for an higher editor to admit it

But Waze already knows the time to travel the entire segment (including the slow down for the speed bumps). And the three second penalty gets changed when Waze gathers the data for that point.

Somewhere in the forums (can't seem to find it right now) it is mentioned that the penalty only applies if there's a choice to be made at a junction. In other words, a junction between only 2 segments will not get the penalty. If that is so, then adding a junction won't have any effect.

Over time, waze should learn the average speeds. So if you are routed down the humpy road, drive very slowly to teach waze. ;)
Country Manager for South Africa.
LG G2 (aka LG-D802), Android 4.4.2
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Riamus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm

I was talking about hazards, not driving directions. :)
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby Riamus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 am

If audio is on, the driver doesn't have to look at the phone to see what's coming. :)

I like the option of hazards for speed bumps and they should have a long life span (at least a month, if not 6-12 months) from the last thanks. Speed bumps don't just cause problems for low-sitting cars, but can also be a problem for RVs or certain vehicles with trailers. And also consider that although some are easy to go over (a low grade slope), others are little short of being a curb in the middle of the road (almost vertical on each end). Those ones are ridiculous and I think they should all go away, but they are definitely a hazard that would be best marked.
ImageImage
Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on Samsung Galaxy S3.
Riamus

Postby ReneJorgeni2015 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:25 pm

OupaDerek
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

The need for traffic calming / speed hump warnings appears to be under estimated as these devices increase in proliferation and are frequently unmarked or poorly marked.

There are two aspects to this requirement:
1. A facility for Wazers to report these devices as they do for hazards or cameras. This is a safety issue as a timely warning will reduce vehicle damage and accidents.
2. An indication that a road contains traffic calming devices. This is a convenience for people who wish to avoid such roads.
ReneJorgeni2015

Next

Return to WME Feature Requests