You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

marking for speed humps

Post by kesterj
can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?
kesterj

POSTER_ID:15265425

Send a message

Post by jm6087
Crzhorse89 wrote:I agree. Please Help. I have launched the family on a number of occasions because of poorly marked (or no markings at all) Speed Bumps. It would seem to me that this would be an excellent addition to the map in many parts of the world.

thank you for listening.
CRZHORSE
In my opinion, then it would also be a good idea to notify local authorities of the dangerous speed bumps so that they can fix them.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
georgesrj wrote:Speed bumps are so many on Indian state highways and they are not warned at all or very poor warning mechanism. So I request to add a speed bump reporting and warning
I assume you voted for the feature request in the appropriate location as well.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jonatascostta
Gentlemen, because the project was not voted speed humps? Here in Brazil this function would be very valid, because our roads are laden with speed humps.
jonatascostta
Send a message

Post by kesterj
^^^i i can see that been a issue if i was driving the other car...

but i made the point as there is a road parallel two block down that has no humps, now if you driving at 9 in the night the average road speed no longer "works" in am guessing is it is a residential area the (delta speed may be slow) but as a driver, would you not prefer to be routed to the road with no humps if there where one?

a other thing is most you you live in places that have signs for speed humps or at-least paint them, sadly i don't.

next "Waze is so good it even knows where the speed humps are..." :)
Just saying...

Thanks again.
kesterj
Send a message

Post by kfae8959
woodvale wrote:
kesterj wrote:can we have a marking for roads with speed humps?
Why?

There's no need. If that's the fastest way to get somewhere, taking into account the lower average speed along the road with the speed humps, then Waze will route you that way. If it's not, because of the lower average speed, it won't.
"The fastest way" depends which car I'm in. For me, it isn't just about speed, it's about mechanical sympathy for my own car, and avoiding causing an obstruction to those following.

One of my cars has got front brake cooling ducts that drop below the front splitter, and will scrape on many speed bumps, and especially speed cushions, unless I take them at a crawl. Out of care for my own car, I won't sacrifice the brake ducts. At the same time, I'd like to extend courtesy to following drivers with vehicles that are less delicate or that (perhaps) they just don't care about. This afternoon, I was sent down several miles of roads with severe speed cushions, and had to crab, crawl, and creep my way along, looking all the way to give overtaking opportunities to those wishing to travel faster. It was horrible. For that reason, I'd like to be able to select routes that avoid speed bumps, tables, and cushions, unless they are unavoidable or only over a short section of road.

David
kfae8959
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I feel that perhaps this isn't something necessarily that Waze should improve, but rather your local government =/.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by lyndieh
I agree that marking these as road hazards would be a great idea. There are a lot of speed bumps in my area, some are marked while others aren't marked very well. It would be nice to have a little advanced notice before hitting them at full speed.
lyndieh
Send a message

Post by mDrinkmann
You can mark pot holes as a hazard, why shouldn't you be able to mark speed bumbs? I would love this feature to be added
mDrinkmann
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
Personally I would like it not for routing but as a hazard marking. Several times at night, in an unknown neighborhood, I've whacked into dark, unmarked, steep and sometimes broken up speedbumps.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.