"Not allowed to drive thru street"

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Re: "Not allowed to drive thru street"

Postby iainhouse » Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 pm

The answer's practically in your question: use private road segments. Waze will not route through private segments to get somewhere else, but it will route to a private segment if it's closest to your destination.
UK Country Administrator • AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.2 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
My name is Iain and I'm a Wazaholic. I last edited 1 hour ago.
iainhouse

"Not allowed to drive thru street"

Postby Pjodor » Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 pm

In Norway we have several streets where it's allowed to drive into a street from whereever you want(sidestreets and both ends of the street) and out of it.

Meaning, you can drive to your house from both ends of "Your" street. It's not a "one-way-direction".

But...
In some streets it's not allowed to drive thru the street. If you don't live there or have something to do in the street, (if you don't stop) it's not allowed to drive thru. (The reason is that it shall not be so much traffic thru private home areas - you shall drive primary streets instead.)

An example is the street "Torgveien" ("veien" in Norwegian means "street")
It's not allowed to drive neither from "Bårnakkveien" thru "Torgveien" to "Seljestadveien" nor the opposite way. But I can't find any tool in the map editor for this job.

Permalink: https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=16.5 ... TTTTTTTTFT

Is it possible to get this tool to do that ???
Pjodor

Re: "Not allowed to drive thru street"

Postby scruffy151 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 pm

It sounds like these should be private roads or parking lot roads. That way thru routes should be suppressed but routes to/from the streets will still work. Use private if traffic normally flows smoothly, parking lot if it is often blocked.
scruffy151

Return to WME Feature Requests