You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Are Reverse Connections Necessary?

Post by Dogshrink
I finally got to drawing up a sample neighborhood to really understand what Rev-Cons are all about. In essence, a one-way street is really a bunch of restricted turns that point to not being able to enter from one side. If there is a normal one-way with all turns allowed, when that is turned into a one-way, it creates a bunch of rev-cons by the fact that all those restricted turns which would have simulated the one-way weren't first changed BEFORE creating the one-way.

Am I the only one who sees this as inane? Shouldn't the act of making a street one-way also include all these other normal restrictions. Why does this put the onus on us to make two sets of changes?

Simply put, in my mind, Reverse Connections are a BUG. Pure and simple. (Now I'm waiting to see if anyone calls them a FEATURE.) So, let's change the one-way code to automatically eliminate rev-cons, unless they are truly errors.

Also, on that matter, could someone write a script to go through all of them currently out there and just remove them? Unless... Is there ANY good use for them?
Dogshrink

POSTER_ID:16784134

Send a message
Jeff Cushner
South Whitehall
Former SM, Area Manager Lehigh Valley, PA
https://s.waze.tools/c2s.png https://s.waze.tools/s0175.png

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Dogshrink wrote:Also, on that matter, could someone write a script to go through all of them currently out there and just remove them? Unless... Is there ANY good use for them?
Can't think of any good use for them, no. We've asked Waze to update WME to automatically remove connections which go against segment directionality, but as with many things, this is not high on the priority list.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ