You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Select Entire Street and One Way

Post by jsb16cc
Yesterday, I selected an entire street. Intending to make sure that it was all one-way the correct way, I clicked "One Way A->B". Unfortunately, this didn't do what I expected it to do. Instead of setting all the segments to be one way from the A on the highlighted entire street to the B on the highlighted entire street, it set each individual segment to be one way A->B, and the segments seem to be randomly distributed as to which end is labeled A/B. Is it technically possible to re-align segments within a street (maybe the first time they're selected as an entire street) so that they all have their As and Bs on the same end?
jsb16cc

POSTER_ID:16837940

Send a message
-jsb16cc
Rank 3 editor / Area manager for Bergen County, NJ
Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jsb16cc wrote:Is it technically possible to re-align segments within a street (maybe the first time they're selected as an entire street) so that they all have their As and Bs on the same end?
No. It is up to the editor to know and recognize that not every street is A->B aligned. We proposed it to Waze, to allow some function to do A->B flipping (so that speed data isn't lost) and/or to align all A->B of a specific set of segments, again, without losing speed data. Right now, we can flip them, but for 1-way streets, the speed data on the reverse-direction will likely be zero and that could really screw up routing for a while before the granular speed data is populated.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ