Permalink Layers

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Re: Permalink Layers

Postby MGODLEW » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Thortok2000 wrote:And then once I go back to my area and resume editing, realizing that I have settings such as map problems turned off can be annoying as I don't notice right away that they aren't there.

Just curious, your signature says "Banned from editing" So, how does that work? lol
Rank 5 US Champ & Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Permalink Layers

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 am

As an active forum user I wind up clicking a lot of permalinks.

However, the 'layers' seem to be included in permalinks. By which I'm referring to things like landmarks, roads, cities, etc.

While I can understand that they're included so that the person viewing the permalink sees as close to the original as possible....as an editor myself, it's really annoying to have my layers switched around like that.

Often I can read the map that has been permalinked better using my own layer settings than those in the permalink.

And then once I go back to my area and resume editing, realizing that I have settings such as map problems turned off can be annoying as I don't notice right away that they aren't there.

Landmarks, for instance, if I'm in an unfamiliar area and zoomed in close, I might not realize are turned off.

All in all, I'd like the option to 'lock' my layers setting even when clicking on permalinks provided by others. That way people who wish to use the layers provided in the permalink can still do so.
ImageImage
New job is taking up most of my time. =( Still occasionally poking around the Greenville, SC area.
Thortok2000

Re: Permalink Layers

Postby Thortok2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 pm

I made the post before I was banned, and I hope to become unbanned eventually.

Anyway, I discovered a workaround as well. I use a permalink to bookmark WME the way I like it with all the layers I want. When I'm done looking at other people's permalinks, instead of just clicking my area to go back to it, I use my permalink.
ImageImage
New job is taking up most of my time. =( Still occasionally poking around the Greenville, SC area.
Thortok2000

Return to WME Feature Requests