Request: Golf Course

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Re: Request: Golf Course

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:43 am

alexappold wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.

Aren't those (wider:more specific) opposites? IMO, the already-existing "Stadium/Sports Facility" is a very nice, wider/more general option which fits just fine and should be used. We could add 8000 more specific items to the list that everyone wants, but that would make it useless.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Request: Golf Course

Postby alexappold » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I was just trying to add a 'Golf Course' Landmark to the map and I noticed that you could only choose 'sports field' or 'sports facility'. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.

Thanks

Alex
alexappold

Postby alexappold » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
alexappold wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to have a wider/ more specific selection. Just an idea.

Aren't those (wider:more specific) opposites? IMO, the already-existing "Stadium/Sports Facility" is a very nice, wider/more general option which fits just fine and should be used. We could add 8000 more specific items to the list that everyone wants, but that would make it useless.

First things first. English is my second language lol
And I see what you're saying about the number of options but golf courses are usually huge and stick out. It is not necessary but in my eyes still a nice feature.
alexappold

Postby daknife » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Park is the rule in Utah. And that's not even because calling golf a sport is highly debateable. ;)

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby DwarfLord » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm

In California, unfortunately, we are still in need of guidance as there is no clear pattern to follow.

A few brief spot-checks around California show golf-course landmarks categorized as "Stadium / Sports Facility" (Stanford Golf Course, Indian Valley Golf Club), "Other" (Pebble Beach and Balboa Park), and "Park" (Montecito Country Club, Valley Club Golf Course).

Golf courses are very big, very green, and relatively few and far between. To me it doesn't seem a lark to categorize them as a Park. True of course that people driving may think them sites for walking/riding, but it seems a thing to grass unfair to act as if it isn't there, or paint it like a dirty sock when it grows there shining bright shamrock.
DwarfLord

Postby DwarfLord » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:44 am

sketch wrote:Are all dwarves gifted with the pen of the poet, or just the lords?

Lord Seuss (the Dr. thing was a cover) is counted among the greatest of our people. :D
DwarfLord

Postby Fredo-p » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 am

What is the exact ruling on Golf Courses? I've seen both "parks" and "other" used. I've searched the wiki but can't remember if there was any information on how a Golf Course should be handled.

My concern is the type of golf course it is. Here in Arizona, we have public, private, and "residential" courses. The residential are those built in/around retirement communities. They may be open to the public, but some are located within a gated community and considered private. A problem I have with some "residential" ones are that they really don't have a name.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-112.54376&lat=33.44&zoom=3&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTTTT&env=usa
Buckeye/Greater Phoenix A.M.

Arizona Wiki | To-Do Arizona | Waze Arizona Google+
VZ Motorola Droid 4 |Waze v3.7.8.0|

Map Editor on: Wikimapia|Openstreetmap|Google Map Maker
Fredo-p

Postby MGODLEW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm

I have seen them listed as "parks"
Rank 5 Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby MGODLEW » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:37 pm

IMO, The key is uniformity, if mostly everyone in your state lists them as parks then I would go with parks.
Rank 5 Waze Mentor | PA Forum | PA Wiki | Waze FAQ | iPhone 5s: JB iOS 7.0.6 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby sketch » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:59 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:

A wider selection which allows for more specific designation of landmarks.

Anyway, I label golf courses as "parks" because they're green. We have a lot of useless landmark types, but I wouldn't mind a new one in this case to remove ambiguity. As long as it's green.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Next

Return to WME Feature Requests