You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Creating Areas With Weak GPS Position Reports

Post by inomyabcs
I recently ran into a report where user reported a general error due to inaccurate GPS positions. The GPS drive segment had them well off the route while traveling south on a highway. It eventually merged back onto the highway but it took about 1/2-1 mile to correct itself. When I looked at all the GPS position reports in the area, the north bound traffic was heavy with yellow indicators and were dispersed in the south bound lanes and also off the highway. The south bound side had dark blue or black indicators, I did not find a single green indicator within that 1/2-1 mile.

My question is, would it be prudent to have a tool that marks a certain area as having a high degree of GPS error? Could that be linked in with the app, so that the app could assume that travel is being conducted along the route until the GPS signal accuracy returns?
inomyabcs

POSTER_ID:16856962

Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
The colors on the GPS arrows doesn't indicate GPS quality, they indicate direction of travel.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by inomyabcs
Thanks for that reply Alan and Andy. Sorry for assuming the wrong thing, but I missed that while I was searching for related GPS problems. I am new to editing maps, so I guess I should have waited before posting this and seeing if this will be a common error in this area as well. I might post back if this does become a reoccurring theme for me.
inomyabcs
Send a message