Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Search box: accept segment ids or permalink

Post by dbraughlr
Proposal:
In the WME search box, allow the entry of a permalink or a segment id list. The editor can easily parse the permalink of look up the node by id and move the display area to the correct position.

The editor should select the indicated segment(s). If the segment is not with in the current view-area or the zoom is greater than the 200 m level, the new view area should be centered on the mid-point of the segment(s).

Rationale:
With the advent of chat and many add-on scripts, following a permalink has become not only time-consuming, but problematic. Pasting the permalink into the search window avoids reloading scripts and losing the chat window.

Allowing the entry of a segment id (list) facilitates precise communication of the segment under discussion.

[Searching for prior threads on this topic yields hundreds of results for "Per forum rules, please search ...".]
dbraughlr

POSTER_ID:16783633

Send a message

Post by AILe85
Search for a permalink or Id's is part of WME Bookmarks.
But to find id's, you have to already display the area where it is, with the correct zoom.
;)
AILe85
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Since the ID of every object shows in the left sidebar already, no need for Toolbox to get the ID.

I like this idea a lot and think it would greatly help research/helping users.

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6910
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by HBiede
SpencerFG wrote:Thanks for the reply. I know this is an old thread but after searching fairly thoroughly I couldn't find anything. I just tried finding the script(s) you mentioned but didn't have any luck. Do you have any suggestions?
I am also interested in hearing about scripts to help with this
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jm6087
This post is over 3 years old. There has been changes to since then. There are scripts that support this feature now.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
PL Jump allows you to search by PermaLinks.

Segment ID's are a lot harder since the program would have to search the entire world for a single segment ID.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by matsalka
AILe85 wrote:Search for a permalink or Id's is part of WME Bookmarks.
But to find id's, you have to already display the area where it is, with the correct zoom.
;)
That's only half the solution. Real search is needed.
matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti

Post by pumrum
+1

I would love to be able to copy/paste a segment ID from Validator into the search box and jump right to that segment - at least as long as I have to wait 5+ seconds for WME Toolbox to load in every tab :|

PS. I did a search for the word "segment" and a search within those results for the word "search" and this was the only post that came up. If someone else requested this feature, I sure didn't find it :D
pumrum
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Add me to the list of supporters. I always thought there MUST be a way to find a segment ID by a search but couldn't find anything on it. Sothere really isn't away other than trial and error (mostly the latter). Many times a reporter thinks they're helping by providing segment IDs. Maybe it helps when you finally find it.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Thanks for the reply. I know this is an old thread but after searching fairly thoroughly I couldn't find anything. I just tried finding the script(s) you mentioned but didn't have any luck. Do you have any suggestions?
SpencerFG
Send a message