You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Changing the "type" of the UR?

Post by jdeyoung
In the current scheme of UR types, either because of fat-fingering or general unfamiliarity with the process I have learned to somewhat "ignore" the type.
However, with the addition of conversations and the expansion of topics with Places-area/point potential, I think there is a need to be able to possibly "re-classify" URs.
Regardless of whether the user reported something under "General", "Missing overpass" or anything else, if the issue is related to directions - we should be able to change it to such. But this could also mean having the ability to indicate things like:
"Client error" when the reporter indicates their screen "froze"
"Feature Request" when the user says "let me indicate slow moving snow plow". Marking it solved, or even logically mark as "not identified" doesn't seem terribly satisfying.

The other reason for re-classifying is when users begin to use URs for missing/incorrect commercial Places-points when their favorite coffee shop/store/restaurant is missing and/or went out of business.
I don't mind fixing bad house numbers when the UR is for "Burger Palace" not at the correct location, but having to maintain whether a commercial business location is in-or-out of business has a different priority than the integrity of streets, directions, and address numbers. This does not mean I wouldn't perform the indicated edits - but being able to distinguish the issues confronting general driving/routing is what I am most concerned about and would have an urgency to fix if I am pressed for time.
jdeyoung
Answers: 2
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:2158237

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This was possible in Cartouche. Back in the day...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ