Filter Roads by Feature or incomplete

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze Map Editor

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze Map Editor, use this forum.

Re: Filter Roads by Feature or incomplete

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm

jfeeney3 wrote:It would be ideal if you could filter roads by status. Many roads in my area suffer from these problems:

1) Nodes that don't have proper turn directions. It would be great if specifying certain options (e.g., doesn't allow all turns, allows all turns) flagged nodes with this property.
2) Roads that don't have a city -- anything red.
3) Roads without names
etc.

1) Junctions without proper turn instructions: unless there are ? icons at the junction, meaning they have not been editor approved, there's no way for the system to know whether turn directions are correct. There is already a Map Problem type which detects and appears on the map when drivers go through restricted turns.

2) Lots and lots of segments don't have a city, on purpose. If they never had city/name input, then they already show red in the editor.

3) The editor has built-in a keyboard shortcut to highlight segments with no name.

That all being clarified, the Validator is a great user-created tool for finding (potential) problems.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.4 | Waze v4a
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Filter Roads by Feature or incomplete

Postby jfeeney3 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:55 am

It would be ideal if you could filter roads by status. Many roads in my area suffer from these problems:

1) Nodes that don't have proper turn directions. It would be great if specifying certain options (e.g., doesn't allow all turns, allows all turns) flagged nodes with this property.
2) Roads that don't have a city -- anything red.
3) Roads without names
etc.

Cheers,
J
jfeeney3

Re: Filter Roads by Feature or incomplete

Postby ScottZane » Wed May 14, 2014 2:06 am

I take it you have not used WME Validator or Highlighter yet? Oh wait, I just noticed that you're new to these forums. Check the Scripts/Add-Ons sub-forum for info on these add-ons I mentioned and a lot more.
ScottZane

Return to WME Feature Requests