Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Flag & filter URs with rank needed to fix

Post by DwarfLord
Some of the oldest URs I encounter cannot be solved without a higher-ranking editor, usually Rank 5. These URs probably languish because so few editors can fix them. Even for editors who know about the unlock/update request forum (which is I think rather less than half of them), filing a request is cumbersome just to enable one lousy U-turn, and if one files a bunch of such reports one starts to feel like a pest. It's easier to shrug and go on to the next UR.

It would be fantastic if there were a way to flag a UR with the rank thought necessary to address it, and then have some basic display filtering -- or maybe rely on URO+? -- so that higher-ranking editors could quickly see things that will not get fixed if they don't fix them.

Complex I know. But the current approach seems to result in the most highly protected segments and junctions remaining broken for the longest time. Great if you like irony :P
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

POSTER_ID:16850907

Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
DwarfLord wrote:filing a request is cumbersome just to enable one lousy U-turn, and if one files a bunch of such reports one starts to feel like a pest. It's easier to shrug and go on to the next UR.
I think the Chat feature has helped with this, many are seeking assistance in the chat for situations like this. The forum seems to be more so for editors updating entire cities, not just those solving URs
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“