Remove 'Invisible' feature of map chat

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Remove 'Invisible' feature of map chat

Postby bwawsc » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:39 pm

I never edit invisible - but as others have said, I find chat almost useless. Whenever I have looked at it, I see multiple conversations going on simultaneously, and things scroll off the screen before I can even digest what is being said. Maybe it's just my slow thought process, but I find the whole thing a buzzing confusion and can't stand to look at it, much less try to use it to communicate. Slack works better, with its contained selection of members - and forum discussion is even more my speed. I am R2...
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby GFM_Danny » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:27 pm

chat is here.PNG
(12.24 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
if you turn on WME, you see the chat box is very big cover the right bottom corner of the display...and the "Go Inivible" is directly seen.
my suggestion just Remove "Go Invisible" from this box..

the issue with new editor who are invisible and do mesh thing. specially first thing what they are do is, closed UR which are in progress, or UR where we are waiting for some responds from the reporter...and ussually they close more than 50 UR at one same time.

this is very annoying..I tried many time to communicated through the closed NI/Solved UR, by the chat box..but never got any answer from the person who is invisible.
they are maybe to affraid being Visible or answer.

if the Invisible is not remove...so there must be a better way to comunicate with the Invisible Editor.
GFM_Danny
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jstrangfeld » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm

I agree that this should be disallowed for at least 1/2's.
jstrangfeld

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

I came into the WME Features Request forum today to specifically post a request to remove the 'Invisible' option from rank 1 & 2 editors and saw this thread which is similar. I don't feel new editors should be able to edit in invisible mode and must earn this option much like the increase in rank. Waze map editing is part of a trust network and if everyone can't be seen and somewhat moderated, the trust network is destroyed.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby karlcr9911 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:52 pm

KC-Guardrail wrote:I guess it's different in the midwest of the US. I've never even been in chat. We use GHO for unlock requests, which works quite well.

Doesn't mean another editor hasn't tried to get in touch with you before via WME Chat but the main point of the request here is for newer editors to not have the invisible option, not whether they would use the chat feature.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby KC-Guardrail » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 am

What's the point of being invisible while editing?
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Area Manager - Kansas City Metro
KC-Guardrail

Postby KC-Guardrail » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:57 am

I guess it's different in the midwest of the US. I've never even been in chat. We use GHO for unlock requests, which works quite well.
KC-Guardrail

Postby KC-Guardrail » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:42 am

karlcr9911 wrote:
KC-Guardrail wrote:I guess it's different in the midwest of the US. I've never even been in chat. We use GHO for unlock requests, which works quite well.

Doesn't mean another editor hasn't tried to get in touch with you before via WME Chat but the main point of the request here is for newer editors to not have the invisible option, not whether they would use the chat feature.

I guess I should have worded it better. I'm there but the window is never open. With a 10 inch screen, it takes up too much real estate. ;)

A belch from my Droid.
KC-Guardrail

Postby lopaolo69 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 am

No sorry: the invisible mode allow managers to check what users are doing, particularly bad users ;)
Never remove it.

Paolo
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
CM Italy Senegal and Thailand

Waze 4.40.0.2 on a Iphone 7 (IOS 11.4).
Il Pillolario - Link Utili
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby moogonk » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 am

I do not send map chats, and have never received any. That said, if there are issues with specific editors, I suggest that the concerns be raised to the appropriate people.
Moogonk
Multi-State Manager--Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms
moogonk
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to WME Feature Requests