You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Reduce the pause in voice notifications

Post by Pseudosapien
I love Waze. I think it's great, and it's definitely the best Android SatNav app for navigation to a place that you don't know the address of. However, there is one area that often causes me problems.

The pause in the voice notifications is way too long. As an example, I'll hear something like "In one hundred yards" (pause for 2 seconds) "turn left", by which time I'm often at the turning in question. It's a very 'unnatural' delay. I don't use the visual display, so I'm reliant on the voice notifications to direct me. Other apps that I use have a delay of no more than half a second, and some even allow me to change the timing.

That's all. Other than this one 'minor' issue, I'm perfectly happy with Waze, but if I need to be driving around the fast country lanes of England, then I switch to another app.
Pseudosapien

POSTER_ID:16946591

Send a message

Post by Pseudosapien
D'oh!

Just noticed I'd posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that.
Pseudosapien
Send a message