Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Train Icon

Post by AAronhois
I live by a rail yard adn the train is always active and quite irritating to find out it's there all the time. You should make am icon for road closed due to train icon.... with a shorter name of course, Active RR crossing perhaps.
AAronhois

POSTER_ID:16953803

Send a message

Post by javiercr75
In my country accidents between cars and trains are frequent, as in railroad crossings there are no traffic lights.
Is possible to create an alert that is displayed in the app, like a permanent danger alert, when approaching a railroad crossing?
Thank you
Railroad crossings like this
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by pumrum
This should be posted to the App Feature Requests forum, but in case it is moved:

This is a good idea in theory, but since it takes several drivers to actually close a road, and in most cases train closures last only a few seconds or a minute - it is unlikely this feature would do anything but annoy a lot of drivers when point hunters see a train in the area and try to close the road.

In the case of a stalled train, then using the report > closure feature is recommended. It will still take several drivers to actually close the road, but you can set the duration to "less than an hour". I used to live on a road that had the same tracks cross on either end, so if a train got stuck, well... needless to say I wouldn't get to work on time.
pumrum
Send a message