Display address, hazard reporting

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Display address, hazard reporting

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:24 am

When Waze navigates to a location you used a business search for, it isn't navigating to an address but a GPS location. It will be quite a change to show the address info as well. Possibly, but not likely soon.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:57 pm

One thing the FAQ doesn't address (pun intended), is when you select a Waze landmark as the destination. 1) how do you know it's a Waze landmark in the first place?; 2) how Waze selects the destination for it; 3) what to do about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 am

goimir wrote:Alan, how about waze just show what it displays in the history list. I my problem is I don't remember where I'm going to. (try going 5 places a day, 5 days a week, most of them no more than twice in six months)

It does this for me. I just sat on my couch and entered my address and navigated. It display the finish flag and my street number, name and city name in the "next turn" bar. It said, "arriving at <number> <street name>. Then I went to the nav menu and selected my address from the recent history and it navigated again for a couple seconds and it displays and said the same.

From previous discussion, this could be an Android missing feature issue.

Now, when you save a favorite, that's a whole different ballgame. Favorites are not stored as an "address search" but as a GPS location, so there is no address information for it to display or verbalize. That would be a feature request.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 am

goimir wrote:Can we get an "arrived at location" button which can throw some weight at changing the location of an address (for lack of better terminology, avoiding the verbiage of "changing a location of a location")
Report a "Map Issue" from the map - be as detailed as possible. Tell us what you searched for (i.e. "123 Main St.", "123 Main St. Anytown, USA", "Joe", "Joe's", "Joe's Grocery Store"), which tab you got your results from. Tell us if where you are putting the report is the correct location or the incorrect location. If you can drop two reports, one at the incorrect location and one at the correct location.

Also, read the Waze FAQ, particualarlly item # 28 - What do I do when Waze has my destination or address at the wrong location?.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bmacknz » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:06 pm

to continue the other portion of the original post:

Hazard reporting: It would be great if i could click the map on a previous location in the past X minutes to report a hazard. The current method of needing to report at the location means i'll never report a stopped vehicle in the road on an interstate. The first priority is to call emergency services and report it.

this is my exact issue - I pass a hazard, or cop, or other and can't always get to my phone right away - a mile goes by and I'm able to make a report, so I click on the map where I passed the hazard thinking I'm make a report at that location (where I just clicked on), but no, it adds the hazard to my current location, which is NOT where the hazard is. How do I fix/change this ? what am I doing wrong?
bmacknz

Postby dmac61492 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 am

I agree there should be a way to set a hazard as both sides of the road. I would also like to see a "high winds" hazard in the weather section
dmac61492

Display address, hazard reporting

Postby goimir » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:44 pm

It would be awesome if the nav displayed the house number on the banner at the top when approaching your destination. I use waze often to find businesses in commercial districts that don't have any signs yet (as they won't until I eventually put them up) and the current method of just showing the street name and a checkered flag means i need to pick up the clipboard while driving the bucket truck. It actually kind of sucks.

Hazard reporting: It would be great if i could click the map on a previous location in the past X minutes to report a hazard. The current method of needing to report at the location means i'll never report a stopped vehicle in the road on an interstate. The first priority is to call emergency services and report it.

Hazard on both sides, one lane road, etc: Often i'll see a shredded tire, tree branches, etc, on both sides of a road. Also, sometimes a hazard on one side of a road will cause travel to be restricted to one lane, which brings up another topic:

Begin/end of hazards: Some things, like construction, fog, ice, flooding, etc, exist for quite a distance. It would be nice to be able to call this out on a road over the length of the problem.
goimir

Postby goimir » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:When Waze navigates to a location you used a business search for, it isn't navigating to an address but a GPS location. It will be quite a change to show the address info as well. Possibly, but not likely soon.

The worst insult I've seen Waze do thus far is send me to a park instead of a grocery store, when the grocery store actually came up in the search. It gleefully displayed in the banner the destination of some park which was on the other side of railroad tracks from my destination, on a road that disallowed trucks.

Can we get an "arrived at location" button which can throw some weight at changing the location of an address (for lack of better terminology, avoiding the verbiage of "changing a location of a location")
goimir

Postby goimir » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Alan, how about waze just show what it displays in the history list. I my problem is I don't remember where I'm going to. (try going 5 places a day, 5 days a week, most of them no more than twice in six months)

I'll punch in a street address, hit "search" and then click on one that's an actual address with a city and everything. It shows "750 West Liberty Ave" in the search. All I want is that info on the banner after my final maneuver, instead of just the street name. Waze already has the info. I typed it in.
goimir

Postby toddbecker » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Street numbers in the banner and end of hazards
toddbecker

Return to Waze App Feature Requests