Feature request: Filter audio alerts

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Feature request: Filter audio alerts

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:19 am

notgreg wrote:If it does not show on the map, I assume you won't be alerted to it. Although not perfect, it's the closest thing I can think of.

Sorry, that's not correct. You can hide hazards and cameras, etc., but you still get alerts. The selection in the menu is VERY specific. "Show on Map" is ONLY what that controls.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 am

If you're not paying attention to the shoulder then I hope I'm never changing my tire there as you swerve to avoid a large pothole. Vehicles fully in the shoulder certainly can be a significant hazard to the roadway.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alexs001 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 am

I'm in for this too. Of particular note for me are the red light cameras, especially when along a frequent route.
Area Manager: Okanagan Valley, BC
alexs001
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby amonath » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I concur with the opinions of the previous posters.
I'd also would like to disable the audio alerts for car on shoulder (usually 5 each way on commute), Red light camera (they're EVERYWHERE), Most weather alerts except for specific hazards like unexpected reduced traction (ice on otherwise clear road).
amonath

Postby Blue_TDi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Add me to this list as well. The multiple vehicles on shoulder and weather notifications make me turn the sound off completely. I wish there was a way to just pick what events I want as an audio alert. Perfectly fine leaving the pop up notification for the others.
Blue_TDi

Postby bomara2 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 pm

AGREE 110%. Waze is a great app with a few MAJOR flaws like this one.
PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to turn off "vehicle stopped on shoulder" and "weather".
(the alternative is for people to stop posting these tags unless they cause a true danger to others - but that is not going to happen because people love to post things and get points. ;)

enjar wrote:While the "vehicle stopped on shoulder" is by far the most egregious offender, the "weather" alert can also be annoying.

On a typical commute of ~20 miles in the Boston area, I'll get 8-10 "vehicle stopped on shoulder" warnings. They generally are out of date and the signal to noise ratio is very unfavorable. I've disabled their display on the map, but they still pop up. They interrupt whatever I'm listening to and are making me contemplate deleting this app entirely because they are so numerous, annoying and generally useless.

The "weather" alert is another nearly useless feature that can also border on unsafe. By definition I'm out in the weather when I'm driving, so I'm not exactly surprised by snow, fog or rain. I can see those weather conditions by looking out the windshield, and if I can't see them, I likely shouldn't be driving at all. At one point during a winter storm I just turned off the app entirely because of all the "help" I was getting that told me it was snowing ... yes, it is. Now stop interrupting me so I don't slide off the road, thanks.

There are many great and helpful alerts out there -- object on road, cops, construction, accident ahead, etc. These are generally very useful and not over-used.
bomara2

Postby bomara2 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Everyone should go to this link and search for "vehicle stopped on shoulder"
and vote for this feature
http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... your-phone
bomara2

Feature request: Filter audio alerts

Postby CookeCity » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 am

After using waze for several months, one thing I'd like to see added is the ability to selectively disable certain categories of audio alerts. On major highways I get so many "vehicle on shoulder" reports and honestly on my route I'm not really interested in these reports, but I'd like to get everything else.

On some routes I'm sure this alert would be good to have, but I'd love to control when I get to hear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
CookeCity

Postby DavidMeyers6670 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Add me to the list! I was driving to work in the rain today and didn't need to hear that it was raining every minute or so. Alternatively, Waze could simply not announce a weather alert it has already announced within the last N minutes. Either let user configure N, or make it big enough to avoid annoyance; maybe 15 minutes or so.

I'm another who doesn't find the "vehicle on shoulder" alerts useful. Again, maybe this could be more selective. Maybe don't include them on divided highways; only on 2-lane roads, as a possibility.
DavidMeyers6670

Postby enjar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:46 pm

While the "vehicle stopped on shoulder" is by far the most egregious offender, the "weather" alert can also be annoying.

On a typical commute of ~20 miles in the Boston area, I'll get 8-10 "vehicle stopped on shoulder" warnings. They generally are out of date and the signal to noise ratio is very unfavorable. I've disabled their display on the map, but they still pop up. They interrupt whatever I'm listening to and are making me contemplate deleting this app entirely because they are so numerous, annoying and generally useless.

The "weather" alert is another nearly useless feature that can also border on unsafe. By definition I'm out in the weather when I'm driving, so I'm not exactly surprised by snow, fog or rain. I can see those weather conditions by looking out the windshield, and if I can't see them, I likely shouldn't be driving at all. At one point during a winter storm I just turned off the app entirely because of all the "help" I was getting that told me it was snowing ... yes, it is. Now stop interrupting me so I don't slide off the road, thanks.

There are many great and helpful alerts out there -- object on road, cops, construction, accident ahead, etc. These are generally very useful and not over-used.
enjar

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests