Use notification audio stream when on BT

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Use notification audio stream when on BT

Postby MGODLEW » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:17 pm

This is a flaw in your vehicle's manufacturer implementation of the Bluetooth, some people have this issue, some people don't. I really depends on the car you drive. However, you want to make sure you have "Prefer Bluetooth" turned on in the sound settings in Waze.
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby MGODLEW » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 am

In my car for example, bluetooth is seen as a phone communications relay but can be used to stream audio as well. As you stated, waze works fine when streaming audio to your sound systems via a constant connection. However, when you are listening to FM radio, there is no constant connection so the connection needs to be initiated much like it does when you receive a phone call, because of this, it causes a delay in the relay likely causing this issue.

This topic has been locked, please post all further comments in the primary thread for these topics: delay bluetooth audio
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Use notification audio stream when on BT

Postby PietjeNL » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27 am

When i am in the car, listening to music from my phone (android) streaming with BT to the car stereo the navigation voice is as a media stream.
No problems there.
But when BT is connected and i am listening to the FM radio there is no navigation voice.
As far as i understand it has to do with what the stream is.
So the media stream is not allowed to get over the FM radio, but for example notification stream and alarm stream is.
Both streams will also work when listening to media from my phone.

If i use the to speaker option the sound gets muted by my carkit, and its way to soft.

I have already a app with this option and it works great.
Can u make this available as a option for example? So u can get the navigation voice as alarm/notification/ringtone/media stream.
PietjeNL

Postby PietjeNL » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:55 pm

I don't know why it would be, if u stream it as media it should not be heard when listening to radio or CD.
As far as i know this is the case.
PietjeNL

Return to Waze App Feature Requests