Please add police traps!!!!!

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Please add police traps!!!!!

Postby getgojuice » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:04 pm

I would like to be able to have a permanent alert placed at a location for a known police speed trap. This will help all wazers approaching this area even when no active alerts are present.
getgojuice

Postby Kobes1878 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 am

You have the option to choose "my side" or "other side" on any hazard report. Using your example, are you saying this won't give you the alert when choosing "other side"?

Furthermore, for highway speed traps where there are 2 officers, each one facing opposite directions you should make a seperate report for either side.

Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImage
State Manager | New Jersey, USA
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Kobes1878 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 pm

stig17 wrote:Thank you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what my request is. I know you can choose my side or other side, but Ithat not what I am referring to and I'm not talking about two different cops either. Ok let's say someone is driving down the road and they see a cop in the middle of the road. When that person clicks speed trap it default to their side of the road. Then if I drive down the road goig the other direction I won't get an audible alert for that same cop in the middle of the road because the persons post can only be for my side or their side of the road not both.

Got you, thanks for clarifying . I agree with that and support MGODLEWs request for said feature. This is especially important for split roadways - 2 one-way segments.
getgojuice wrote:I would like to be able to have a permanent alert placed at a location for a known police speed trap. This will help all wazers approaching this area even when no active alerts are present.
MGODLEW wrote:I suggest seeings this: Alerts in all directions & Waze Wishlist #11 & #15

Wishlist #11. Already posted in this thread.
ImageImageImage
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Kobes1878 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:50 am

If there was, we must get it back. However, I've seen threads dating back to the stoneage with this request...
Sent from another Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImage
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby MeridianHills » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 am

If I remember correctly, back in the earlier days of Waze " Known Speed Trap" was an option for a Wazer to report.
Image Image

Meridian Hills, Indiana

Area Manager: Southeast Illinois & Chicagoland, Western/ Northern Kentucky, Western/Southwest Ohio, Southwest Michigan
MeridianHills
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby MGODLEW » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

I suggest seeings this: Alerts in all directions & Waze Wishlist #11 & #15
Rank 6 US Champ, Waze Mentor & iOS Beta Tester | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 8.1.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Please add police traps!!!!!

Postby michaelalex17 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:21 am

Ok so I know waze already has police traps, but it only reports them if you are on that side of the road. Often times a cop will be in the middle of the highway and if a waze user reports it while driving north on the highway and another waze user comes down the highway going south the cop could very well be in the middle of the road, but the waze user going south won't get an audible alert. Please add audible alerts for police traps regardless of the side of the road your driving on. On a separate note you should be able to change the alert distance or at least make it longer than .4 miles, but this has already been requested before. Thank you
michaelalex17

Postby stig17 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Thank you for the reply, but I think you misunderstood what my request is. I know you can choose my side or other side, but Ithat not what I am referring to and I'm not talking about two different cops either. Ok let's say someone is driving down the road and they see a cop in the middle of the road. When that person clicks speed trap it default to their side of the road. Then if I drive down the road goig the other direction I won't get an audible alert for that same cop in the middle of the road because the persons post can only be for my side or their side of the road not both.
stig17

Postby stig17 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:22 pm

the alerts in all directions is exactly what I am talking about. Please implement this!!!!!!
stig17

Return to Waze App Feature Requests