Navdy

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Navdy

Postby naemus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Please add Navdy support...google turn by turn is useless in Latin America.
naemus

Postby eLkAnCooL » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:46 pm

I agree naemus... We need Navdy support
eLkAnCooL

Postby BBQGASTROGNOME » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi-
Was just given the opportunity to get Navdy as a birthday present from the family. It's been on my wish list for quite a while, and I've been waiting to see if it will be compatible with WAZE. That will be the deciding factor for me. The best the Navdy people say is "We know it's the most requested app compatibility, and won't launch with it, but maybe down the road...". Is there anything happening from the Waze side of this equation? I've searched your forums, found I'm not alone in this, but haven't found any responses from Waze. I look forward to your prompt, and hopefully positive response.
I'm a huge fan of Waze and have "converted" many friends in to Wazers.
Thanks.
BBQGASTROGNOME

Postby Shled » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Navdy & Waze - sugar & spice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shled

Postby phspman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

I've got one ordered. I really hope Waze comes to Navdy!
phspman

Postby BlakeSellers » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:14 pm

I also vote for Waze to Navdy
BlakeSellers

Postby mgf99 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 am

I'm getting my Navdy unit tomorrow (8/26/2016). I know it does not currently support Waze - the only mapping/navigation software currently listed is Google. As a dedicated Waze user, once I have Navdy running I can make more intelligent arguments on why and how Waze integration should happen.

The good news is it has integration with about a dozen apps at the moment, and apparently has a pretty active API/Third-Party Developer community. What I don't know is the relative investment by Navdy and Waze to make the navigation integration work. I'll point out what I find, but I hope that Waze support is investigating as well.

- Mike
mgf99

Postby Shled » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:11 am

mgf99 wrote:I'm getting my Navdy unit tomorrow (8/26/2016). I know it does not currently support Waze - the only mapping/navigation software currently listed is Google. As a dedicated Waze user, once I have Navdy running I can make more intelligent arguments on why and how Waze integration should happen.

The good news is it has integration with about a dozen apps at the moment, and apparently has a pretty active API/Third-Party Developer community. What I don't know is the relative investment by Navdy and Waze to make the navigation integration work. I'll point out what I find, but I hope that Waze support is investigating as well.

- Mike

Looking forward to your insights. Hope to get mine one day soon and Waze inclusion is key to my decision of whether to keep it or pass it on to my grandpa.
Shled

Postby Shled » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Requesting Waze support for Navdy http://www.navdy.com/D2oBY6hL was popular. It was also theoretical - until yesterday.
On October 31st, 2016 hundreds of thousands of pre-paid Navdy owners received their new units plus those who received theirs under the "Explorer" program are no longer under an ominous NDA.

No Waze.
Is it Google refusing to make it possible?
Is it Navdy arrogance that prevents them from thinking the lack of Waze support is a dealbreaker for many?

Anyone care to share insights?
Shled

Postby BobDobbsPeaceful2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 am

I'll buy two the day Waze is supported :D
BobDobbsPeaceful2

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests