Switch to full style
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules

Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).
Post a reply

Re: Navdy

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:24 am

would definitely get one if it works with Waze :)

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 am

I'm getting my Navdy unit tomorrow (8/26/2016). I know it does not currently support Waze - the only mapping/navigation software currently listed is Google. As a dedicated Waze user, once I have Navdy running I can make more intelligent arguments on why and how Waze integration should happen.

The good news is it has integration with about a dozen apps at the moment, and apparently has a pretty active API/Third-Party Developer community. What I don't know is the relative investment by Navdy and Waze to make the navigation integration work. I'll point out what I find, but I hope that Waze support is investigating as well.

- Mike

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:07 pm

I suggest seeing #9 in the Waze Wishlist

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Please add Navdy support...google turn by turn is useless in Latin America.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

I've got one ordered. I really hope Waze comes to Navdy!

Navdy

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Please work with this heads up device company that looks to add HUD to every vehicle possible!

http://www.navdy.com/yi0D4ERp

They integrate with Google Maps but would prefer to have Waze (the ultimate Mapping tool!)

Ron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:11 am

Navdy claim waze have denied them access to the developer SDK therefore preventing this integration happening.

Is this true ?? Is there any formal comment from waze ??

Keen to purchase a Navdy IF it integrates waze, without it I just have 2 things on my dash.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Navdy & Waze - sugar & spice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:11 am

mgf99 wrote:I'm getting my Navdy unit tomorrow (8/26/2016). I know it does not currently support Waze - the only mapping/navigation software currently listed is Google. As a dedicated Waze user, once I have Navdy running I can make more intelligent arguments on why and how Waze integration should happen.

The good news is it has integration with about a dozen apps at the moment, and apparently has a pretty active API/Third-Party Developer community. What I don't know is the relative investment by Navdy and Waze to make the navigation integration work. I'll point out what I find, but I hope that Waze support is investigating as well.

- Mike

Looking forward to your insights. Hope to get mine one day soon and Waze inclusion is key to my decision of whether to keep it or pass it on to my grandpa.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Requesting Waze support for Navdy http://www.navdy.com/D2oBY6hL was popular. It was also theoretical - until yesterday.
On October 31st, 2016 hundreds of thousands of pre-paid Navdy owners received their new units plus those who received theirs under the "Explorer" program are no longer under an ominous NDA.

No Waze.
Is it Google refusing to make it possible?
Is it Navdy arrogance that prevents them from thinking the lack of Waze support is a dealbreaker for many?

Anyone care to share insights?
Post a reply