Average speed cameras

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Average speed cameras

Postby kfae8959 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 pm

A further bump for this thread, to which I contributed before Waze's average speed camera zone warning began.

We've not got a situation, especially through long stretches of roadworks, where the app notifies me that I'm entering an average speed enforcement zone, but then also tells me where each of the cameras is! Since they're measuring my average speed, their position on the road is irrelevant, and the announcements are a distraction and an annoyance.

David
kfae8959

Postby vince1612 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Bumping this old thread will have 0 effect on anything I'm afraid.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hublander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm

BehnamNHappy wrote:I see in WME Average speed camera is enabled, but when I set it for a segment I don't see anything happen when I drive through that segment, what is wrong?
You have to wait for the map to update for the change to take effect on average about 2 days

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Chris (Hublander)
Rank = Mostly Harmless

I am Chris you may have spoken to Chris This is different to Chris. Not to be mistaken for Chris. Now wish my mum named me Kris

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM North East London & South Essex
hublander
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby vince1612 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

hublander wrote:
BehnamNHappy wrote:I see in WME Average speed camera is enabled, but when I set it for a segment I don't see anything happen when I drive through that segment, what is wrong?
You have to wait for the map to update for the change to take effect on average about 2 days

I know Behnam and he knows by now, he asked that question back in September 2016, please avoid responding to questions which are over 6 months old.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hublander » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:52 pm

vince1612 wrote:
hublander wrote:

I know Behnam and he knows by now, he asked that question back in September 2016, please avoid responding to questions which are over 6 months old.
Sorry but it was bottom of the page and i thought it was bottom of the thread.

Chris (Hublander)
Rank = Mostly Harmless

I am Chris you may have spoken to Chris This is different to Chris. Not to be mistaken for Chris. Now wish my mum named me Kris

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM North East London & South Essex
hublander
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby BehnamNHappy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 pm

hublander wrote:

Hi,
That is not the case, even after updating the map nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby Cekabond » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Osprey06 wrote:I found mention of average speed cameras in a few request lists, but wanted to make a thread to make sure it gets some visibility.

Average ('point to point') speed cameras are becoming more common in my area. At the moment, some of them are marked as fixed speed cameras (start and/or end position), which is something, but I can't help feeling there could be so much more.

The idea that I'd like to float is the following:
    1. Users could identify the start, finish and average speed of the relevant zones via the app, with fine tuning in WME per the current fixed speed camera procedure.
    2. Once the zones are known and locked down, Waze would warn drivers of the upcoming areas as it would a regular fixed camera.
    3. I expect Waze would be able to relatively easily calculate the Wazer's average speed for the zone (as they already do for calculating navigation times?).
    4. Once this is known, Waze calculate how the Wazer is tracking with respect to the average speed over the zone and display if they should take action to avoid an infringement. E.g., if the Wazer has been exceeding the posted limit by 10% for the first half of the zone, Waze should be able to display the average speed that the Wazer would need meet over the second half of the zone in order to correct this (i.e. how much they would need to slow down by) and the Wazer could gradually and safely reduce speed until the two numbers (current average speed and required future average speed) meet.

Obviously real-world examples would be more complex that this, but in my view it would help take one more thing off the drivers mind. Anyway, I'm sure it's more complex in reality than it is in my head, but I would love to see this as a feature!

Is there an official reply from Waze Team to this post?
There will be such an alert or not?
Cekabond

Postby vince1612 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Cekabond wrote:Is there an official reply from Waze Team to this post?
There will be such an alert or not?

Waze staff doesn't reply to these forums which are mostly community managed. The guidelines (link at the top) explain where the correct place is to make suggestions to staff, this forum is just to discuss it with the community only and nothing else.

Average Speed Cameras is a functioning feature for the client and the WME which was enabled in selected countries (Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, UK, Australia, Morocco, Slovakia, Russia, Germany, Czech Republic)

This 2014 thread which was opened before it was added is no longer relevant and will now be locked.
For further questions regarding ASC in your country, please contact your country's community directly by finding the right forum here:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests