Road closure report difficult on highway ramp

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Road closure report difficult on highway ramp

Postby Sigmun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi,

as far as I tried, I found very difficult to report a ramp closure (not only but more frequently) because ramps stay parallel to the main road at the junction point. So the arrow is very difficult to select on the screen.

I think two modifications can help on that :
- allowing the selection of the closed road/ramp by clicking on the road itself (not only the arrow)
- make arrows more selectable by shifting them.
cheers

Wazing on iPhone App...
[ img ]
Sigmun

Re: Road closure report difficult on highway ramp

Postby ctpoole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Have you used the S command in WME? It separates the arrows so you can see them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Area Manager: Austin and Southeast Texas
[ img ]
ctpoole

Postby Sigmun » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't really understand... I am talking about the Waze App, and iOS one especially, so do you ?
cheers

Wazing on iPhone App...
[ img ]
Sigmun

Postby m4rc072 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:59 pm

I completely agree, to report a closure should be possible to select the segment and not the arrow. Subsequently should be possible to select the direction of the closure, also in both directions.

Scritto dal mio One+ One con Tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WAZE latest Beta, Android 9.0 on Honor 10
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby nzahn1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:20 pm

+1
On my way home last night 2 different highway ramps were closed, but I was unable to mark them closed, due to overlap.
The ~10° departure angle for highway ramps (as dictated by the wiki) causes the arrows to overlap and become useless.
Agree with the above solutions:
1. Allow section of the segment for closure.
2. Overlapped arrows are spread for easier selection in the Client.

A work around that might be done is to change the geometry of all the ramps, but that seems like more difficult fix then a relatively simple client mod.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Maryland SM | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby JonPitchforkNinja » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:31 pm

I have also found that I have had to poke many times to select an arrow for a closed section (on my galaxy S5 with a reasonable size screen) even though in my case the arrows weren't overlapping.
An option to re-route and provide details later when not driving would be great.
JonPitchforkNinja

Postby crodger1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 pm

We're just heading into construction season in Massachusetts, and I keep wishing I could report highway ramp closures but can't seem to do it easily. I agree with the above suggestions about selecting the road, but I think that for highway ramps people are much less likely to "miss an exit" than they might be to on local streets. And typically missing one of these exits is far more costly in terms of potentially wasted time, either because it's far to the next exit or because of the potential traffic ahead.

I'd like to see Waze do something similar to what it used to do in terms of prompting to ask if you were in traffic.

Specifically, I think for highways (and highways only), if you miss an exit, it should briefly ask "Ramp Closed?" or something to that effect so that the user can say "Yes/No".

Heck, I'd like the cops / construction crews at the closures to add them to Waze, but at least making it easier for users would be really helpful.
crodger1

Postby bladesosteel » Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm

There's long-term (several weeks) of an on and off ramp highway closure due to construction by my work. I've found it difficult to report the closure, because of having to pressure three or four buttons at least while I'm driving by at 60 mph. But, more frustrating is that, when I report a closure as "long-term", I'll drive into work a few days later and the closure is gone and I have to report it all over again. What's the point in giving us the option to designate the length of the closure if the app doesn't pay attention to it?
bladesosteel

Postby m4rc072 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 am

bladesosteel wrote:There's long-term (several weeks) of an on and off ramp highway closure due to construction by my work. I've found it difficult to report the closure, because of having to pressure three or four buttons at least while I'm driving by at 60 mph. But, more frustrating is that, when I report a closure as "long-term", I'll drive into work a few days later and the closure is gone and I have to report it all over again. What's the point in giving us the option to designate the length of the closure if the app doesn't pay attention to it?

The long term clousure should appear on WME like UR, so the editor or also you can close the street from there.

Inviato dal mio OPO con tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WAZE latest Beta, Android 9.0 on Honor 10
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby MichaelStinks » Fri May 27, 2016 2:00 pm

I think editing something like a highway ramp is for 5th level editors and above. But highway ramp closures are such a major map issue, perhaps they should be open to reporting from lower level users. Maybe the app can wait until it's reported 5 times in a row before making it visible to all users?
MichaelStinks

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests