Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby gordonski » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:58 pm

Just to avoid any disappointment:
This request is not about adding a feature to the Waze App, it goes far beyond. As far as I know, the amount of data that Waze has in its databases about possible widths and heights of routes, weight limitations, turn radiuses, limitation for certain vehicle types and so forth comes to roundabout zero (rough estimation).
So far the collected data is only related to speeds, because we all want to get where we are going as quick as possible. How long it takes to add just one parameter can be seen with the ongoing integration of speed limits. And this is something, that even goes along with velocity data.
Imagine how long it will take to add the data required for routing based on vehicle dimensions, weight and type.
I am convinced that this is a very useful feature, that would make Waze the "deus ex machina" of navigation apps, but I doubt that we will see anytime in the near future (and by "near" I mean at least 3 years).
No stop signs, speed limit[ img ]Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte
gordonski
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Set speed for ETA (caravan)

Postby bwawsc » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 pm

I agree - ETA seems to be based on the average speed of all Wazers, which seems to be way above the speed limit. On a 6-hour drive, it usually takes me an hour longer than Waze predicts,with no traffic delays.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
bwawsc
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby berg35 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:23 am

I agree. Possibility to set max speed would be very good when we tow our caravan in the summer.
berg35

Postby red-nax » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:19 am

Speed limits were only recently introduced and therefore don't factor into ETA. More information can be found in this thread.
red-nax

Re: truck driving features

Postby VictorPinto261 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 pm

I work for a moving company and really need waze but there's no truck GPS
VictorPinto261

Caravan Routes

Postby NevilleEden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 pm

It would be great if there were features to be able to flag and avoid routes NOT suitable for caravans. E.g. Due to excessive gradient or narrow roads or tight bends.
Any plans to add that feature???
NevilleEden

Postby vince1612 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 am

GigaaG wrote:I created a post in the Waze Suggestion Box about this topic. Feel free to vote this suggestion. I tried to combine all posts from this topic, but feel free to give a comment if you think I forget something.

Thank you.

Sjors | GigaaG

Just to help you guys out, it's best to stop creating new suggestion box items.. Just for trucks there are 153 results with only a few votes (less than 10 votes each).

If people used the most popular truck route etc.. request item which has over 800 votes already and add their votes to it, you would get a lot more chance than by continuing to create a fractionated request pattern over hundreds of duplicate suggestions.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jeffcarp94 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 am

I don't see Waze being the platform to build something like this on. In my opinion if there is going to be a huge crowd sourcing effort to build truck and RV routing it was going to be done on the OpenStreetMap platform rather than Waze.
jeffcarp94

wazemap new features

Postby iulius22ro » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 am

Hi,

Recently I used waze to travel aprox 5-6 countries in EU in an autocamper.
I have the following suggestions:

- waze is mainly used by people with normal cars. it will be great to create new annotations capabilities to waze road map editors to be able to tag road restrictions (weight, height, oversized, controlled temperatures, period of restrictions etc.)

In this way waze can be used by truck drivers, autocampers, oversized transports.
Also, considering the improvements of self driving cars/trucks, waze can become an important solution for this new technology.

Regards,
Liviu Chirila
iulius22ro

Re: wazemap new features

Postby KTCAOP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm

If you search through the forum - this has been requested many times, to date, Waze has so far been clear in that they are not looking into making these suggestions - you can always search on Uservoice however.
KTCAOP

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests