Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Routes for motorcycles and RVs

Postby ardan74 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Waze is designed for the commuter in mind. Currently, there are no plans to include "trucker" type routes and details (bridge height, truck by-pass routes... etc) Likewise with the situation with the motorcycle - if traffic had met the criteria to be rerouted - it would have done so. Unfortunately, there's nothing that we can change, other than submitting a feature request, to prevent the issues you incurred.
ardan74
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby GigaaG » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:12 pm

You can still up vote this idea on the Waze Suggestion Box
GigaaG
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Routes for motorcycles and RVs

Postby jovinetbr2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 am

I live in Brazil, and here we have a different behavior regarding the use of motorcycles. In Brazil we can use the motorcycle between cars and so there is usually no slow traffic for anyone on a motorcycle. I imagine this to be a problem also for app time measurements since the estimated travel time for a 1 hour car will be covered in just 20 minutes with a motorcycle. In addition, the motorcycle does not need shortcuts, we can travel the route using the main routes regardless of whether the traffic is loaded or not. Allowing the small vehicle to be identified in this case helps the whole community as it would not cause misrepresentation of the time metrics for example and would allow better use of the motorcyclist for the service. It is worth remembering that in cities like São Paulo there are about 1.5 million motorcyclists in circulation a day, a considerable number. Another point is that in the city of São Paulo there are ways that motorcycles are not allowed for motorcycles specifically. I still believe that it would be well enjoyed by the community that uses bikes if we could count on a simple identification for two-wheeled vehicles.
jovinetbr2

Postby vince1612 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

Motorcycle mode is now available.

To Waze on a motorbike go to Settings > Vehicle Type > Motorcycles in your app.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jovinetbr2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 pm

vince1612 wrote:Motorcycle mode is now available.

To Waze on a motorbike go to Settings > Vehicle Type > Motorcycles in your app.

Thanks Waze! :idea:
jovinetbr2

suggestions for software upgrade (RV compatible)

Postby rstrvlr » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Low clearance warnings (actually complete avoidance of any of them). Perhaps use Lowclearance.com.
* Steep grade warnings (or alternate planning around those) anything over 5%.
* Gas locations and finding low prices

We love the app for cars, but now we have a class A motorhome, and it would be great to implement RV related concerns as above.

Any clearance under 13 feet would be impassible!
Also condition of roads would be nice. In need of repair, excessive potholes, narrow shoulders. etc.
rstrvlr

Suggestion add more Vehicle Type to select.

Postby rickylo103 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am

I suggest adding more vehicle type to select. Because in Malaysia have some segment just can use for Private Vehicle, Motorcycle and Taxi. It can add one more Heavy Vehicle in Vehicle type, then it is more prefect. I herein attached a photo for your easy reference. As this type segment, we are setting the TBR also not use, Waze also will route to there because the client cannot set user use is Heavy Vehicle. Thanks.

[ img ]
Waze Malaysia
Ricky Lo
State Manager - Johor
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Waze MY FB Group
rickylo103

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests