Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Motorhome Guide

Postby vince1612 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:28 am

sparky112 wrote:We have been using waze for over a year and we find it invaluable for car journeys however last week end we used it in our Motorhome and although our motor home is small and we saw some beautiful things on route fortunately we met nothing coming the other way as some roads were only the width of our camper we are purchasing a larger Motorhome in November and no way would we attempt these roads in a new vehicle does your app cover size of vehicles for such occasions or it would be great if you could put the size of your vehicle into the app

I merged your new thread with an existing one on this topic. Please always search before posting as specified in the forum rules visible in the red text box ahead.

Regarding voting up this suggestion, please see my previous post in this thread.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby vince1612 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 pm

usa_08gfylk0 wrote:I see this issue discussed and a comment that something was coming soon.

What is "coming soon" is only planned but with no clear ETA, and will be support for other vehicle types than private vehicle and taxi but simply for which roads they can or cannot drive on.

What this topic is about however is other specs than simply allowed or not, such as height and weight restrictions etc.. Those are not planned at all by staff at the moment.

On the Waze Map Editor side, volunteer editors are pretty much ready to support road driving restrictions for other types because it has already been possible to setup on the road segments for some time.
However the data for vehicle size etc.. simply does not even exist and we have nowhere to input that information on segments, so before it could even be planned to be supported we would first need to be able to add this data in. If/when we ever get the possibility to do that, even then it would take volunteers a LOT of time to start from a blank slate and add this info on the world map before it could be considered reliable enough by special sized vehicles.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:49 pm

adriansinger wrote:Professional Driver? We want your opinion!

This forum is for all the professional drivers around the globe who use Waze.

Waze is a very important tool for professional drivers. With Waze, professional drivers can get the most accurate ETAs and find the fastest routes to get to their customers. Waze professional drivers are very important to Waze, and we would like to understand better the needs of professionals so we can improve our services accordingly,

If you are a Professional Driver please take 10 minutes and fill out this survey.

We'll also use this dedicated forum to maintain communication with you. We'd love to hear your feedback and we'll be glad to share with you our future developments to help you out. So participate!

Thanks,
The Waze Team
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

Motorcycle mode is now available.

To Waze on a motorbike go to Settings > Vehicle Type > Motorcycles in your app.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: truck driving features

Postby wcurtin1962 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:21 am

ps_au wrote: there are many 'dedicated' Truck GPS units available on the global market that would far exceed what Waze could offer a truck driver.

Sadly the data in those units are 70% accurate at best, plus updates are not frequent enough for changing conditions. That's why something like Waze is sorely needed in the transportation industry.
wcurtin1962

Re: truck driving features

Postby wcurtin1962 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 am

A feature to allow us to report available parking at a location would be a big help to other drivers.
wcurtin1962

Postby world_5uyf9a39 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:20 am

I drive a HGV in the UK and I think Waze is missing a trick here if you introduced a Truckers vehicle attribute's feature which includes height, length and weight and allowed users to identify roads with height, weight, width restrictions also gradient, susceptibility to side wind and suitability for HGV's etc the user community would collate the data for you in no time. You would then be able to sell the data to other interested parties!

Routing & Rerouting would would just have to use an algorithm which takes these factors into account I don't see it as something which would be difficult to achieve just write the script!
world_5uyf9a39

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests