Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Trucks contribution

Postby rarebyte » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:56 am

This does look like part of my request: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=113062 ... mine is also for "nice car" roads, but it's essentially the same problem... you don't want to end up on some roads with some kind of vehicles.

It would be a huge thing when implemented as no other GPS system I know does it.

Regards,
Sven
rarebyte

WAZE for trucks

Postby jkeep123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:48 am

With 400,000 HGV's on UK roads alone could we not have a weight & height restriction feature for
all the truck drivers.
Its quite worrying sometimes when Waze tells you to go a certain way & you end up at a weight
restriction or a low bridge.

jkeep123

Intelegent Routing ( based on Weight/Height/Length/Type)

Postby kmb615 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I have been a user of Waze for several years now and must say I love it for it's ease of use and active routing capabilities. One feature that is missing is the intelligence of what is being driven.

Using Waze over the years I have found myself being routed in areas that I did not know well and ended up in situations where Waze was routing my truck and RV over a route that , had a low clearance bridge on route or a bridge that had a weight restriction that I was over or even on to a parkway that was for cars only.

It would be great if Waze could incorporate this date into the routing and allow the user to have the ability to enter in the length, weight, height, and type ( catagory ) of the vehicle being driven.

Thanks so much for such a helpful app.

Kevin
kmb615

Postby chriscompo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:13 am

Waze doesn't seem to want to add truck and Bus stuff. So on that note I suggest they create a separate app called Waze truck & Bus for this purpose.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Postby vince1612 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am

chriscompo wrote:Waze doesn't seem to want to add truck and Bus stuff. So on that note I suggest they create a separate app called Waze truck & Bus for this purpose.

Actually now that they added Taxi mode, they said a few times that were also planning to add more, trucks and buses are possible to setup with restrictions on WME already so it should be coming. The only thing is that there is no database to support heights and weights for now, so it might be basic at first (truck=can/cannot pass).
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby chriscompo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 am

Could they either buy data from other apps and sat navs or would they create their own fresh data?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Re: Truck Navigation

Postby SweAcMe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 am

Hi!
Regarding Truck/Camper mode function.
It would be much appreciated if Waze could change veichle to a veichle type of Truck/Camper.
A first step could be to be able to maxmize the speed of the veichle. In my country a car with a trailer has a maximum speed (legaly, that is) of 80kmh.
The problem I found is that when you plan a route, Waze assumes that your car can run as fast as the signs says and miscalculate the ETA.

Otherwize I really like Waze! Keep up the good work!
SweAcMe

Re: Intelegent Routing ( based on Weight/Height/Length/Type)

Postby GreySleigh » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm an RVer and would love to be able to exclude routes that have low clearance, extreme grades, propane restrictions, axle limits... all of which are available in the public domain). Where Waze could really shine would be to crowd-source info that doesn't exist now like letting drivers flag the road they are on as too narrow/winding/steep for their rig, or rate gas stations for ease of access, or add waypoints of interest to RVers like overnight parking, dump stations, propane refill stations, etc.
GreySleigh

Vehicle Type = RV

Postby ShekhMaShieraki » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I want to request an additional option for Vehicle Type. It doesn't have to be RV, per se, but that is when I'd use it. I'm sure this would apply to any large vehicle including moving trucks, buses, or towing boats, trailers, or other cars.

When I'm driving the RV, I want to avoid tiny roads, tight corners, or places that I can't get out of easily. I want to stick to highways and larger roads. I understand that this little, two-lane blacktop with trees and deer is shorter, but I'd rather go out of my way to take the four-lane, divided highway for as long as possible.

Other than that, this is a great app, and I use it often.
ShekhMaShieraki

New Vehicle Type

Postby CM-Driver » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 pm

I drive a commercial vehicle or big truck. I think you should add truck or commercial vehicle to your vehicle type and have your app eliminate routes that have truck restrictions. Like most carpool / express lanes.
CM-Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests