Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Trucks contribution

Postby ImTrucknNow » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Is there a truck version available?
ImTrucknNow

wazemap new features

Postby iulius22ro » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 am

Hi,

Recently I used waze to travel aprox 5-6 countries in EU in an autocamper.
I have the following suggestions:

- waze is mainly used by people with normal cars. it will be great to create new annotations capabilities to waze road map editors to be able to tag road restrictions (weight, height, oversized, controlled temperatures, period of restrictions etc.)

In this way waze can be used by truck drivers, autocampers, oversized transports.
Also, considering the improvements of self driving cars/trucks, waze can become an important solution for this new technology.

Regards,
Liviu Chirila
iulius22ro

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby jeffcarp94 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 am

I don't see Waze being the platform to build something like this on. In my opinion if there is going to be a huge crowd sourcing effort to build truck and RV routing it was going to be done on the OpenStreetMap platform rather than Waze.
jeffcarp94

WAZE for trucks

Postby jkeep123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:48 am

With 400,000 HGV's on UK roads alone could we not have a weight & height restriction feature for
all the truck drivers.
Its quite worrying sometimes when Waze tells you to go a certain way & you end up at a weight
restriction or a low bridge.

jkeep123

Re: Routes for motorcycles and RVs

Postby jovinetbr2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 am

I live in Brazil, and here we have a different behavior regarding the use of motorcycles. In Brazil we can use the motorcycle between cars and so there is usually no slow traffic for anyone on a motorcycle. I imagine this to be a problem also for app time measurements since the estimated travel time for a 1 hour car will be covered in just 20 minutes with a motorcycle. In addition, the motorcycle does not need shortcuts, we can travel the route using the main routes regardless of whether the traffic is loaded or not. Allowing the small vehicle to be identified in this case helps the whole community as it would not cause misrepresentation of the time metrics for example and would allow better use of the motorcyclist for the service. It is worth remembering that in cities like São Paulo there are about 1.5 million motorcyclists in circulation a day, a considerable number. Another point is that in the city of São Paulo there are ways that motorcycles are not allowed for motorcycles specifically. I still believe that it would be well enjoyed by the community that uses bikes if we could count on a simple identification for two-wheeled vehicles.
jovinetbr2

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby jovinetbr2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 pm

vince1612 wrote:Motorcycle mode is now available.

To Waze on a motorbike go to Settings > Vehicle Type > Motorcycles in your app.

Thanks Waze! :idea:
jovinetbr2

Routes for motorcycles and RVs

Postby K_Cook » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 pm

We have a motorcycle and also a 40' camper. On a recent trip to NY, Waze correctly directed us to our destination but the road had a bridge that was not high enough for our camper to fit under. Fortunately, the bridge posted it's height but the sign was on the bridge itself and we had a difficult time turning around. Another time, while on our motorcycle, we knew there was traffic but the route Waze sent us included driving thru a very busy city tunnel. If there was no traffic, the route would have been fine. But we obviously couldn't turn around and the heat and exhaust filled air inside the tunnel was horrible and we had no choice but to deal with it. Is there a way to pick what type or size vehicle and get the best route for each vehicle?
K_Cook

Request: Truck friendly routes

Postby kingkev1220 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:31 am

I am a route delivery driver, and often times I don't know where my next delivery is, so I like to use my GPS. I would like to request a feature where you can enter that you are driving a tractor trailer and the app routes you on truck friendly routes. Avoiding low clearance and low weight limit bridges would be extremely helpful, as well as the navigation system steering you clear of the "no trucks allowed" areas. I understand that this could take a lot of work, but I have faith in my fellow Wazers!
kingkev1220

Intelegent Routing ( based on Weight/Height/Length/Type)

Postby kmb615 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I have been a user of Waze for several years now and must say I love it for it's ease of use and active routing capabilities. One feature that is missing is the intelligence of what is being driven.

Using Waze over the years I have found myself being routed in areas that I did not know well and ended up in situations where Waze was routing my truck and RV over a route that , had a low clearance bridge on route or a bridge that had a weight restriction that I was over or even on to a parkway that was for cars only.

It would be great if Waze could incorporate this date into the routing and allow the user to have the ability to enter in the length, weight, height, and type ( catagory ) of the vehicle being driven.

Thanks so much for such a helpful app.

Kevin
kmb615

Re: wazemap new features

Postby KTCAOP » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm

If you search through the forum - this has been requested many times, to date, Waze has so far been clear in that they are not looking into making these suggestions - you can always search on Uservoice however.
KTCAOP

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests