I was wondering why we can't add this information in the map. I think it's a great feature for truck drivers but also for RV's (campers) and trailers. You can already set restrictions in de WME for species of traffic, days and times, so why not for truck restrictions like:
- Closed for trucks / RV's;
- Closed for vehicles longer than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles wider than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles higher than X meter / feet;
- Closed for vehicles with an axle load more than X tons;
- Closed for vehicles heavier than X tons;
- Closed for trucks with hazardous substances;
- Closed for vehicles with more than X axles..
Thereby, you can set your max. speed, so your ETA will be updated to your max. speed
If you are a truck driver, you switch the truckers option on in the settings (or download Waze for trucker drivers), fill in the fields and there you go! Maybe een an option for agricultural
I think this can be a great feature for the truck drivers and hereby you create a whole new audience for Waze!
GigaaG | Netherlands
Last edited by GigaaG
on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.