Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Avoiding certain streets?

Postby smedman-x » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 am

Seems it would be easy-ish to add a map edit section where users could add bridges / bridge heights and clearances, no? I have started using wave with my motorhome, but this would be very helpful!
smedman-x

Motorhome Guide

Postby sparky112 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:38 am

We have been using waze for over a year and we find it invaluable for car journeys however last week end we used it in our Motorhome and although our motor home is small and we saw some beautiful things on route fortunately we met nothing coming the other way as some roads were only the width of our camper we are purchasing a larger Motorhome in November and no way would we attempt these roads in a new vehicle does your app cover size of vehicles for such occasions or it would be great if you could put the size of your vehicle into the app
sparky112

Re: Truck Navigation

Postby SweAcMe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 am

Hi!
Regarding Truck/Camper mode function.
It would be much appreciated if Waze could change veichle to a veichle type of Truck/Camper.
A first step could be to be able to maxmize the speed of the veichle. In my country a car with a trailer has a maximum speed (legaly, that is) of 80kmh.
The problem I found is that when you plan a route, Waze assumes that your car can run as fast as the signs says and miscalculate the ETA.

Otherwize I really like Waze! Keep up the good work!
SweAcMe

Re: WAZE for truckers

Postby SwenVandenberk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Currently there isn't although it's been requested a few times already. Not just for legal routes, but also to get correct average speeds for trucks and to avoid that trucks report too low speeds for roads where cars can drive faster than trucks
CM Belgium
[ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
BENELUX Routing Team
SwenVandenberk
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby usa_08gfylk0 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:59 pm

I see this issue discussed and a comment that something was coming soon. I just did a trip to move my daughter to NYC with a small trailer and it was very tough getting around all the parkway restrictions. I'd think things like that would be very easy to database as they're pretty much known. Can't really understand why there is a category for Taxi's when this seems to be a much bigger issue.
usa_08gfylk0

Truck Version

Postby uscrew96 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Have you thought about Truckers version? It would be nice to see it happen.
uscrew96

Re: truck driving features

Postby VictorPinto261 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:18 pm

I work for a moving company and really need waze but there's no truck GPS
VictorPinto261

Re: Trucks contribution

Postby vince1612 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:30 am

chriscompo wrote:Waze doesn't seem to want to add truck and Bus stuff. So on that note I suggest they create a separate app called Waze truck & Bus for this purpose.

Actually now that they added Taxi mode, they said a few times that were also planning to add more, trucks and buses are possible to setup with restrictions on WME already so it should be coming. The only thing is that there is no database to support heights and weights for now, so it might be basic at first (truck=can/cannot pass).
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Truck route(18 wheeler)

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 am

RODWILSONSR wrote:How about adding truck routing to the app.i use it in my work truck as well as my personal truck and it would be very helpful to know that the route that I'm being rerouted to is a route that a 18 wheeler is allowed to be on and not put into a tight situation.thanks in advance

Since this is a request for the app I moved it from the Waze Map Editor requests section into the app one. Also I merged your post in the existing thread for it, please search the forum before opening new threads.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby vince1612 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 am

GigaaG wrote:I created a post in the Waze Suggestion Box about this topic. Feel free to vote this suggestion. I tried to combine all posts from this topic, but feel free to give a comment if you think I forget something.

Thank you.

Sjors | GigaaG

Just to help you guys out, it's best to stop creating new suggestion box items.. Just for trucks there are 153 results with only a few votes (less than 10 votes each).

If people used the most popular truck route etc.. request item which has over 800 votes already and add their votes to it, you would get a lot more chance than by continuing to create a fractionated request pattern over hundreds of duplicate suggestions.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests