Weather:Radar and current temp request

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Weather:Radar and current temp request

Postby pvn100 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:56 pm

I would love to see a radar option that shows precipitation (rain/snow) on the map as you drive. An optional overlay would be perfect. I'd also like to see a "current temp" on the map. These two features would be great for those of who drive in snow in the winter. Thanks, GREAT APP.
pvn100

Re: Weather:Radar and current temp request

Postby Onmywaysir » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:22 pm

That would be awesome if there was a weather layer option! If you could see the weather as you are driving it would be very helpful.
Onmywaysir
AM for NC, Louisville KY, Casper WY, Tucson AZ, Northern California and Sonora MX
https://www.waze.com/user/editor/onmywaysir
8-) :lol:
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
Onmywaysir
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby estoddart » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:10 pm

The radar option would be a great benefit so when a weather warning is activated you can at least see where and which direction the storm is moving. Another idea would be to alert the driver of a warning and depict it on the map, since you may be driving into an area that is under a warning and not know it since you are listening to streaming music and not the local stations.

Thanks
estoddart

Postby R1200C » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 am

Not to completely dismiss the idea but in order to be usefull you should have a big map visible on your screen. Way bigger than the map you use for navigating I guess. The weather apps that you can get today all use several hundred kilometers/miles in their maps as it is a weather predicion more than the current weather. Especially as you can see the weather for the next few kilometers/miles live on the big screen (the one that keeps you from getting wet while driving ;-) ).
R1200C

Postby l33tDad » Mon May 11, 2015 2:28 pm

R1200C wrote:Not to completely dismiss the idea but in order to be usefull you should have a big map visible on your screen. Way bigger than the map you use for navigating I guess. The weather apps that you can get today all use several hundred kilometers/miles in their maps as it is a weather predicion more than the current weather. Especially as you can see the weather for the next few kilometers/miles live on the big screen (the one that keeps you from getting wet while driving ;-) ).

While I understand what you're talking about, having an official weather map/info on Waze would be an awesome idea. Something that's not community sourced, but from an official source like NWS. You're right, the weather system would be a lot larger than what's shown on the navigation map, but still, it would be great to know that I'm heading into some sort of weather. I would actually be happy to pay a one-time fee for this feature...
l33tDad

Postby AndrewFoleySunny » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am

Adding a weather radar feature would be the icing on the cake for this incredible app. You don't necessarily need to have a large zoom out for what you would be using the radar for. It would also eliminate the need for people to post weather hazards such as rain/snow etc. while they are driving in these less than ideal conditions.(Huge Safety Bonus ;) ) This could even potentially be used by both storm chasers and people trying to get away from severe weather in the Midwest. Please take a look into this, even if it would be a one time payment I would gladly pay. Thanks!
AndrewFoleySunny

Postby eak3rd » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:53 pm

I totally agree with this sentiment. I use the Weather Underground WunderMap on my phone all the time. Having something like that as a transparent overlay on top of the Waze map would make this hands down the most powerful navigation tool out there.
eak3rd

Postby emademoiselle » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Please, please, please! Right now, I am switching between Waze and WunderMap.
emademoiselle

Postby Oink-Oink-Oink » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:48 am

I'd be happy if current temp was visible in the GUI maybe in the upper corner. Couldn't that data be pulled from nearest reporting NOAA or NWS station? Switching back and forth between apps while riding is a hazard. So helpful so I can adjust my driving during winter months.
Oink-Oink-Oink

Postby vince1612 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Searching for "weather" in the suggestion box
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... ry=weather

I found this suggestion with 202 votes. You can vote up that suggestion there:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... er-overlay
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests