Low Water Crossings

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Low Water Crossings

Postby MGODLEW » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:07 am

This already exists. You should make these roads closed & report flooding as well. Report > Closure & Report > Hazard > Weather > Flood
[ img ]
Rank 6 US Champ, Beta Tester & iOS Beta Leader | Waze Wishlist | Improper Edits | iPhone 6: JB iOS 9.0.2 |
Area Managing: State of Pennsylvania
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Low Water Crossings

Postby rembrandt78737 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 pm

I live in Austin, Texas. We are the low water crossing capital of the US. It would be beneficial to have low water crossings flagged on the Wazer map. During bad weather that caused traffic snarls on the freeways, Wazer has routed me several times down back roads that were littered with low water crossings and the driver should be notified to avoid those routes during heavy rains. This morning was one of those.

The roads aren't heavily traveled and apparently no Wazers had driven that route to flag them as potentially dangerous. This morning on my commute the crossings were still passable, but the water was rising quickly. Low water crossings can go from passable to dangerous in minutes so relying on fellow Wazers to flag dangerous places isn't the most effective method of warning fellow drivers.

One road in particular, Spicewood Springs Road North of the Capital of Texas highway, runs along Bull Creek and has numerous low water crossings. That road should not be recommended during inclement weather.
rembrandt78737

Postby seanowen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 pm

The best option for the Austin area would be if we could intergrate the area's low water closer web site, https://www.atxfloods.com/. the site already provides an xml version so it should not be to hard to parse it and have offical closers of road. The part I can see as the issue had to do with if waze has a way to take xml and add the notices to the maps.
seanowen

Postby Sniperblade » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:24 pm

I agree this would be a great addition to add , to help waze provide better routing during these situations
Sniperblade

Return to Waze App Feature Requests