NEW FEATURE: dedicated motorbike mode  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Motorcycle Routes and Hazards

Postby augustrose » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:44 pm

I'd love if Waze could be put into motorcycle route mode to give you an optimal tour route. Yes, you can avoid 'freeways' (better known as highways where I live) but that seems to cause Waze to put you in stop and go traffic through cities with traffic lights and stop signs. Not fun.

It also would be nice to be able to give/get reports of additional hazards that are important for bikers, such as loose gravel, low shoulders, and uneven surfaces, for example.

I love Waze and often use it in my car, but for my motorcycle, because of the above, I tend to use other apps.
augustrose

Re: NEW FEATURE: dedicated motorbike mode

Postby cincisuto » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Your best option given the current technology, is to use Google Maps. Google Maps will allow you to pick the customized route that you are attempting to do and then save those directions to your phone. The problem is that it only allows you to pick 10 points along your route that it will follow. If those points are too far from each other, Google Maps will alter your route and take you the quickest way. So it's important to choose your points rather closely when you see areas where Google may try to change your route. Since Google Maps is now integrated with Waze, you will get updated information on traffic , accidents, construction, Etc. I tend to use both Google Maps, and Waze at the same time when doing this type of route. That way Google Maps will take me on the ride that I want, and Waze will inform me of things on the road, and police. I do not put the route in two ways, but just have Waze running in the background.
cincisuto

Re: Motorcycle Routing

Postby ct13 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:07 pm

thejuiceman wrote:I would like to see an option for motorcycle routing. It would take the most scenic route. Roads with curves, hills, or general Scenic view.
I tell ways to avoid highway's and it helps a tad but not near enough.
If Waze can do shortest route and fastest route I'm sure it can also do a scenic routes, especially with the help of the community

This would probably not be implemented by Waze since it doesn't align with the current goals of getting people to their destination the fastest or beating traffic. Additionally, scenic is subjective and would be hard to quantify or plan a route using this as a metric. So, I wouldn't plan on this being an added feature. Sorry to be a buzzkill.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby efini333 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes please have a dedicated Motorcycle mode asap! Asian countries have so many motorcycles that they distort the travelling time for car users. I realized the travel timing has been getting more and more inaccurate recently as many motorcyclists are using Waze.
efini333

Motorcycle users

Postby gabr10 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Greetings Waze community,

As I've read in this forum, and to satisfy my curiosity, it seems that there are no modes to explicitly tell Waze whether one is driving a car or a motorcycle. It has been stated before that this is particularly problematic since many countries allow lane splitting for motorcycles, which often results in particularly shorter commute times than what Waze calculates.

While many of us may not care about a 100% accurate ETA (since the most likely ETA is going to be shorter than what Waze states), it is very important to note that whenever a motorcyclist utilizes Waze for traffic and routing and performs lane splitting, thus reducing the commute time through highly congested routes, will render the average commute time also shorter for every other driver, thus effectively screwing up ETAs and congestion reports for everyone else.

This results in a very problematic situation for an app whose main purpose is to route and provide accurate arrival times for users.

It would be interesting to get a response from app development on this matter. It sounds like it's time to get some way to differentiate and stop messing up standard car traffic reports.

Cheers
gabr10

Re: Motorcycle users

Postby hmarian » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Not a biker myself, although I'm licensed, but just out of curiosity, is it possible to operate Waze on a motorbike? Is it legal?

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.70.0.0
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Motorcycle users

Postby IstiaOnE » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:23 pm

please to add selection of vehicle types eg cars or motorcycles . because in my country , especially in the city of Jakarta . motorcycles are prohibited in some lane street.

if in the navigation menu there is an option to motorcycle users, it will be easier for users of motorcycles when using waze.
IstiaOnE

Screenless mode

Postby jeremiezaz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:10 am

Hi,

I have recentrly bought a motorbike and start using waze on it.
The problem is that Waze is a great app for cars but when it comes to motorbike it is far less usefull.

It would be really enjoyable to be able to switch to a motorbike mode.
The first big difference between car and bike is that on a bike, it is really dangerous to look at the screen. Thats why I speak about a screenless mode, on my bike I need to get clear voice informations.

For exemple it would be great that the voice could change it's turn directive to take the fifth turn on your right instead of the in 200 meters turn right.
That is just an example and it would take a full study for you to learn and adapt the app to enable a bike mode. But I think it could really be helpfull.

I am living in Israel and would be glad to help you by answering to you all the questions you could have about gps and bike.

Thanks a lot
jeremiezaz

Postby jm6087 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:06 pm

This post is 2 years old, technology has changed
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby kdevries » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

This feature has been requested many times. I doubt it will be released soon :o
[ img ]