Adding temperture option

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Adding temperture option

Postby Penguin_69 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:24 pm

New cars often have the outside temperature indication but there's plenty of old cars still on the road and don't have the temperature indication. It could be interesting especially in winter.

So what do you think about the idea to have a temperature indicator (showned as the speed indicator already in place) with the following options :
- temperature in celcius degree or fahrenheit degree
- temperature from internet information (waze should have an agreement with a supplier of this information) or temperature from a bluetooth temperature sensor (that could be not easy because depending on the application on the phone
- the refreshing frequency setup

Waiting for your comments.
Penguin_69

Re: Adding temperture option

Postby sniperkiki » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Maybe like to add an temeprature just like you add prices for gas or something like that?

At certain points you can add temeperature, and because of possible abuse, you won't be able to add new temperature next 24hrs and 100km around.
Just an suggestion

Level 4 Editor
Country Manager:

Croatia

Visit Croatia's official community website:
http://waze.com.hr

If you need any kind of help, feel free to contact
sniperkiki
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby verse13 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Temperature display would be nice.
verse13

Postby BigBallinCrackerAss » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm

I think it's a great idea, but piping into a service would IMHO be the best option. Otherwise you'd get too many "guesstimates"....and then there's the liability!!! "How did I spin out while doing 80MPH on a side road!!?? Waze said it was 33°!!!"

If you're a lawyer, yeah that was meant for you! ;)
BigBallinCrackerAss

Integrate Temp in a circle

Postby medic458 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 am

Add the temperature for the area driving in in. A circle just like speed circle. Connect to weather bug or weather channel. Could maybe show icon for for sat like sun or clouds or wind.
medic458

Postby GigaaG » Fri May 27, 2016 4:59 pm

I think this may be a good idea in some country's. But updating the temperature is gonna cost more data.
GigaaG
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby BShoptaw » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:20 pm

I drive an older vehicle that doesn't have an exterior temperature display, and I would really like to be able to see this in Waze. I agree with medic458 -- the integration should be fairly simple, and shouldn't require a ton of updates, especially if the temperature updates were kept to a larger area (instead of each individual city).
BShoptaw

Return to Waze App Feature Requests