Apple Watch Support

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Siri ETA via Apple Watch

Postby GONSALVR » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:41 am

Would love to say to my Apple Watch "What is the ETA to Home?" and then have the Waze Apple watch app give me an ETA. eg:

Route 1: I-95 ETA 52 mins
Route 2: Merritt Parkway 45 mins
GONSALVR

Re: Siri ETA via Apple Watch

Postby cgarrety » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:32 pm

I agree, I'm getting set to order my Apple Watch but I REALLY want my WAZE on it too!!
cgarrety

Postby tyeNewton » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Yes, please, but not just ETA! I'm surprisingly torn, and tempted often to use Apple Maps instead of Waze every time I get in my car, because I want it to tap me on the wrist with different patterns for different alerts (directions, hazards, etc.)
tyeNewton

Postby poulif » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

You drive looking your watch ?
poulif

Postby ErikHendrix » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Just got the Apple Watch and used Apple's maps together with what it provides on the Apple Watch. I like it that I can easily just turn my wrist and see the turn AND that it gives me haptic feedback when it is time to turn. I would love for Waze to be able to provide the same, with potential also including any hazards (or speed cameras, etc... )
ErikHendrix

Postby lynn4246 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:20 pm

cgarrety wrote:I agree, I'm getting set to order my Apple Watch but I REALLY want my WAZE on it too!!

I have the Apple Watch and am always torn as to using WAZE, which I love, and using Apple maps because it works with the watch and tells me when to turn. Often times the noise of the road, or the song on the radio, keeps me from hearing the directions while driving.
lynn4246

Postby TheGridExe » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Poulif wrote:You drive looking your watch ?

It's not that but you don't have to "glance" at your phone for info on your turn if you don't have voice enabled. The watch simply gives a vibration that a turn is coming up and you can look at your watch (which your hand should be on the steering wheel) and see quick info about the turn. I use it for Google Maps with my Moto 360 and I LOVE it. You don't get an actual view of the map ahead but more of a minimalist view of the intersection since you're only looking at the turn of the intersection.

I'm wishing Waze had this for Android or at least persistent notification where it can show the upcoming directions.
TheGridExe
Area Manager
Area Manager

Apple Watch Support

Postby Heff32 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Please add Apple Watch support. My thoughts are seeing upcoming turns and ETA upcoming hazards and being able to report them as well as thumb up them. Just a few thoughts.
Heff32

Re: Apple Watch Support

Postby Draygon » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:42 pm

I too have been patiently waiting for Apple Watch support.
Draygon

Re: Apple Watch Support

Postby BlakeSellers » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:11 pm

I also would love to see waze add Apple Watch support. Would be very useful.
BlakeSellers

Next

Return to Waze App Feature Requests