Apple Watch Support

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Apple Watch App and Reminders on turns

Postby ShaiR.il » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:16 pm

A typical day to day usage of Waze has the voice instructions off as it interferes with podcast. It would superb having a small notification on the iPhone and on the Apple Watch of an upcoming turn
ShaiR.il

Re: Apple Watch Support

Postby a0k47 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Need apple watch support! Would be amazing, like the apple maps your watch vibrates when your for example approaching a turn
a0k47

Postby erichc1979 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:56 pm

a0k47 wrote:Need apple watch support! Would be amazing, like the apple maps your watch vibrates when your for example approaching a turn

Came here to suggest this very thing, and/or support anyone else who had beat me to it. I LOVE the Apple Maps Apple Watch integration, copying that as closely as possible would be ideal - the way you get a couple warning "taps on the wrist" and a "ding" when it is time to turn or otherwise "navigate" is awesome. Since Waze is better than Maps in every regard, I am sure this creative team might find even better/more innovative ways to utilize this second screen on our wrists!
erichc1979

Re: Siri ETA via Apple Watch

Postby jdquinn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:42 am

Poulif wrote:You drive looking your watch ?

Doubtful. The Maps app for Apple Watch gives distinctive taps when a turn is coming up, and it prominently displays the ETA to the destination, as well as the distance to the next turn. No one is looking constantly at their watch for directions. In fact, the distinctive taps (different patterns for right and left turn, etc.) make it easier to keep eyes on the road even more than just the voice commands, because it taps right as you approach the street you're turning on (or ~10 seconds before an exit/turn if you're driving faster than normal city traffic.)

I, too, find myself using Apple's Map app because of the Apple Watch functionality. People here are just expressing their desire for Waze to bring their app to the Watch interface.
jdquinn

Postby a0k47 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:40 pm

The apple maps are really good on the apple watch. Lightly vibrates whens you need to get off the highway or turn etc. Hope waze is working on this!
a0k47

Postby jforget1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:26 am

I agree completely here. I love the haptic feedback on the Apple Watch and tend to stick with Apple maps because of it. Would definitely be more inclined to use Waze if they added that feature.
jforget1

Postby jforget1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:35 am

I agree completely here. I love the haptic feedback on the Apple Watch and tend to stick with Apple maps because of it. Would definitely be more inclined to use Waze if they added that feature.
jforget1

Postby BITEofFROST » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:22 am

PLEASE oh PLEASE add Apple Watch support! Waze is my best friend. I tell everyone I know about it. I've probably converted 20+ people from Google Maps for daily navigation.

I actually consider using Apple Maps (gross) on a regular basis, because of the hands-free haptic guidance.

I'm assuming this has been discussed?? Can you throw us a bone on any details??... :D
BITEofFROST

Postby jforget1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:09 am

The updates in iOS 9 .3 were really nice from a quick search perspective hopefully they can do something similar when they implement an Apple Watch interface.
jforget1

Postby dan1011 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:54 pm

+1 for Apple watch support! Waze is awesome!
dan1011

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests