Better support on multiple lane roads

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Better support on multiple lane road, average speeds/haz

Postby vince1612 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:59 am

MartiniB72 wrote:there is picture of crossroad without traffic, just imagine how it can look full of cars
https://www.google.lv/maps/@56.9605347, ... 6656?hl=en

I'm not 100% sure as I'm not familiar with signalisation from Latvia, but it looks like there is a sign with an arrow pointing to the right, forcing you to turn. You shouldn't be able to cross as you would be crossing the continued white painted lines also while trying to cross.
This looks to me more like a map issue which could be fixed by editing the map there. Try asking an editor from your regional forums about it.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:39 pm

MartiniB72 wrote:local editors didn't saw there problem,
argument were most of time there isn't problem drive that way

Thanks, if that sign doesn't forbid it then I guess your local editors are the ones you need to convince. :?
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Lane closures.

Postby vince1612 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:43 pm

jimgeldermann wrote:In on road hazards it would be nice to say which lane is closed.

You can specify which lane using the comment box for most hazards. But for closures if it's just a lane that is closed and not the entire road, then don't report it as closed, signal roadworks instead.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:06 am

See : https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... e-guidance

Or contact your local community for issues specific to your area:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Lane assistance

Postby vince1612 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:51 am

This was suggested many times before, please use search before opening a new thread.

You can vote for this here:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... e-guidance
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Better support on multiple lane roads

Postby vince1612 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 am

Please vote this up on the existing item in the suggestion box:
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Motorway guidance

Postby vince1612 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:41 am

TONY-CORISH wrote:Hi waze is a great app but it needs motorway Lane guidance..ie waze would be better if it showed you which Lane to get into when leaving or entering a motorway(in Uk ) or autobound as in France. When leaving a motorway in the UK there is two or more lanrs to aproach in its the same when entering one..thanks i love this app

Please read and follow the rules in the red textbox above. I merged your new thread into an already existing one and deleted your duplicate thread in the other forum section, one is enough.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 pm

@oneofthemany: What is suggested above may only be true in some countries, where others would never recommend this kind of editing for various reasons. I suggest you get in touch with your local community before making any attempt to map parallel one way lanes.

@kahlcolimon, I see that you've become very active in the Waze App Feature Requests section lately. Please do not forget to direct people to the suggestion box and guidelines as not to make them feel like their post here is enough.
Champs are unfortunately not able to decide what Waze staff should or shouldn't take into account, it would be very cool if we could but by their actions or non-action staff reminds us enough that they are the ones who have this power in the end.
So feel free to give your opinion, but try not to give people the impression that you are in fact able to make some sort of "official review" which will influence wether or not something is implemented in the future. I'm only saying this as I feel that some of your posts may have given people the wrong impression, we're still just users and new people may not know or understand it, so I'd just like to avoid any confusion.

@All: You can vote this up on the existing item in the suggestion box if you want to make staff more aware of this request:
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:55 pm

kahlcolimon wrote:@Vince1612, I appreciate your suggestion. I would be grateful for a future case, in the case of a personal suggestion to use a PM. Thank you.

I felt it was important for users to know that Local and Global Champs are not in charge of feature suggestions (which ones get accepted) which is why I left it public for clarity on this important point. If it's for something strictly personal I would always use a PM.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Lane selection in reporting (vote)

Postby vince1612 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

briedis_eugenijus wrote:I suggest implementing ability to choose a single or multiple lanes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, left/right/U turn lane, 2 of them, all and etc.) when reporting an event - stopped vehicle, accident, object on road, traffic, closure, road works.
It would be very useful and helpful feature letting warned drivers to prepare and choose a clear lane in advance.

If it would be too complicated to implement it to work in navigation level when calculating route and/or visualizing it on map, in initial/pilot stages I believe it would be enough to implement in cosmetic level - just adding the information in pop-ups shown when approaching reported spot and when clicked on it.

If you like the idea, please give some votes for it:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... -reporting

I've merged your suggestion and the answer it got into an existing thread about this, it was suggested many times before here on the forum and on uservoice (searching for "lane" in the suggestion box returns 292 results!).

As always please try to post in existing threads or to offer links to existing suggestions rather than to create new ones.. It serves no purpose to have 292 suggestions about lane support with 10-100 upvotes each rather than one main suggestion with thousands of votes.

[ img ]

It would be awesome to be able to count on Champs' collaboration with this matter by not encouraging duplicate suggestions with their posts and instead helping new users find older threads or uservoice suggestions, especially when the suggestion is a well known one.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests