Better support on multiple lane roads

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Better support on multiple lane roads

Postby vince1612 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 am

Please vote this up on the existing item in the suggestion box:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... e-guidance
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Motorway guidance

Postby TONY-CORISH » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi waze is a great app but it needs motorway Lane guidance..ie waze would be better if it showed you which Lane to get into when leaving or entering a motorway(in Uk ) or autobound as in France. When leaving a motorway in the UK there is two or more lanrs to aproach in its the same when entering one..thanks i love this app
TONY-CORISH

Re: Motorway guidance

Postby vince1612 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:41 am

TONY-CORISH wrote:Hi waze is a great app but it needs motorway Lane guidance..ie waze would be better if it showed you which Lane to get into when leaving or entering a motorway(in Uk ) or autobound as in France. When leaving a motorway in the UK there is two or more lanrs to aproach in its the same when entering one..thanks i love this app

Please read and follow the rules in the red textbox above. I merged your new thread into an already existing one and deleted your duplicate thread in the other forum section, one is enough.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby oneofthemany » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:54 pm

I cant understand how this feature has not been adopted yet.

Google owns Waze and Google Navigation has lane assist.

All you need is to add an identifier to the current roads saying how many lanes it has and then adopt the same policy as Google, which is a map overlay telling you which lane to be in when you approach a junction on your route.

I have actually stopped using Waze as I just use Google Navigation with Tom Tom Speed camera overlay as Lane assist feature is a must in city areas and busy RAB's, as I constantly find myself in the wrong lane and the traffic laws in cities (invoked by the rude drivers) are if your not in the right lane... tough go round and come back again or take another route.
oneofthemany

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 pm

This is an interesting and useful suggestion that waze should take into account. However while this comes true, local publishers can take action. In our country when we have this case, draw up to 3 parallel segments (in the app are seen as one way) in the same way, so we can group lanes and identify behavior (even provides more options for routing). In the above manner we can make specific closures as central lanes, side right or left side. No problem.
[ img ]
Kahl Colimon
Coordinador Waze Colombia
Partner Coordinator/Waze Local Champ/Country Manager
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 pm

@oneofthemany: What is suggested above may only be true in some countries, where others would never recommend this kind of editing for various reasons. I suggest you get in touch with your local community before making any attempt to map parallel one way lanes.

@kahlcolimon, I see that you've become very active in the Waze App Feature Requests section lately. Please do not forget to direct people to the suggestion box and guidelines as not to make them feel like their post here is enough.
Champs are unfortunately not able to decide what Waze staff should or shouldn't take into account, it would be very cool if we could but by their actions or non-action staff reminds us enough that they are the ones who have this power in the end.
So feel free to give your opinion, but try not to give people the impression that you are in fact able to make some sort of "official review" which will influence wether or not something is implemented in the future. I'm only saying this as I feel that some of your posts may have given people the wrong impression, we're still just users and new people may not know or understand it, so I'd just like to avoid any confusion.

@All: You can vote this up on the existing item in the suggestion box if you want to make staff more aware of this request:
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:41 pm

vince1612 wrote:@oneofthemany: What is suggested above may only be true in some countries, where others would never recommend this kind of editing for various reasons. I suggest you get in touch with your local community before making any attempt to map parallel one way lanes.

@kahlcolimon, I see that you've become very active in the Waze App Feature Requests section lately. Please do not forget to direct people to the suggestion box and guidelines as not to make them feel like their post here is enough.
Champs are unfortunately not able to decide what Waze staff should or shouldn't take into account, it would be very cool if we could but by their actions or non-action staff reminds us enough that they are the ones who have this power in the end.
So feel free to give your opinion, but try not to give people the impression that you are in fact able to make some sort of "official review" which will influence wether or not something is implemented in the future. I'm only saying this as I feel that some of your posts may have given people the wrong impression, we're still just users and new people may not know or understand it, so I'd just like to avoid any confusion.

@All: You can vote this up on the existing item in the suggestion box if you want to make staff more aware of this request:

When in my post I talk about "local publishers" I mean the community of the country where the case is presented. This type of issue is not to make it massively. Only in specific cases. Even at the time it was recommended by one of our Global Champs and due specifically to the need to make quick lane changes to take an output when the highway has many lines. I repeat (not something that occurred to me).
[ img ]
Kahl Colimon

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:47 pm

vince1612 wrote:@kahlcolimon, I see that you've become very active in the Waze App Feature Requests section lately. Please do not forget to direct people to the suggestion box and guidelines as not to make them feel like their post here is enough.

@Vince1612, I appreciate your suggestion. I would be grateful for a future case, in the case of a personal suggestion to use a PM. Thank you.
[ img ]
Kahl Colimon

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:55 pm

kahlcolimon wrote:@Vince1612, I appreciate your suggestion. I would be grateful for a future case, in the case of a personal suggestion to use a PM. Thank you.

I felt it was important for users to know that Local and Global Champs are not in charge of feature suggestions (which ones get accepted) which is why I left it public for clarity on this important point. If it's for something strictly personal I would always use a PM.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Lane Closures

Postby BabeJenkins » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:59 pm

I completely agree with this. The whole point of reporting things is to make it as quick as possible, especially when you're trying to be a safe driver and use as few steps as possible to report an issue. I don't see how difficult it would be to have a lane closure option, and then be able to say right lane or left lane. There are so many times I wish I knew in advance whether to get over into a left lane or right lane when construction was coming up ahead. In a busy city with lots of lanes of traffic, this information can be extremely helpful. I agree with what was said above, you don't see comments or hear comments while you're driving in the app. Pretty much makes a comments useless. The whole point is to be looking at your phone as little as possible, so that you can keep your eyes on the road which is where they're supposed to be.
BabeJenkins

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests