Better support on multiple lane roads

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Better support on multiple lane road, average speeds/haz

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Rich2BRock wrote:Hello!

When I´m driving in Sao Paulo and other bigger cities in Brazil, it is very common that big avenues as the Marginals that has Groups of lanes listed as the main lane "express lanes", sometimes the "center lanes" and common the "side lanes". Each group individually has several ar lanes.
Many times I´m driving on a main lane group and waze does not detect in which group I´m driving, so when It guides me to turn to a street, it may not be possible as I´m in the wrong lane group. Other situation is that many times I can see that one of the other lanes are flowing better and take it, but as waze so far has no feature to detect or allow me to set in which group of lane i´m driving, it may wrongly suggest to other drivers to get the slowest lane, as it will take in consideration that I flowed fast through that lane.
My request was to consider the possibility to allow the used to point on scree when he is driving on a different lane from the pointed in the screen.

You are looking for a way to indicate to the app you are in a parallel lane. This is only possible if both sets of lanes are mapped in waze of course. I have requested such a feature before in the Feature Request Forum. Some workarounds you can try are to check for alternate routes which sometimes resets your location, stop navigation and start again, or shut down app and restart it.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Re: Lane Closures

Postby petergaultney » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:29 pm

I agree. A long roadtrip this weekend left me wishing more than once that there had been reports of lane closures ahead of me.
petergaultney

Re: Lane Closures

Postby Rebel_Roshak » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:25 am

Id love for waze to have this feature. Would be nice to be able to warn wazers that the motorway ahead is closed in lanes 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 or so on.
Would be really helpful!
Rebel_Roshak

Re: Highlight turns on map

Postby Rexxis » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:19 pm

BravidR wrote:It would make glancing at the app to figure out which part of a highway fork (as well as other situations) I should be taking easier if the turn part of the route were highlighted with an arrow like Google Maps does.

Yes please !

I often found my self quite confused where to take the turns indicated by the turn instruction (despite the distance reading to the turn) especially if there's a soft turn before the intended turn. A visible arrow of where the turn actually is would be very helpful.
Rexxis
SM | AM | Pirate | Mentor
[ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rexxis
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Feature Requests - lane guidance and zoom-out

Postby rhertzog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:08 pm

I would like to request this feature as well. It's incredibly useful on large freeways in areas you're not familiar with, among other busy places where you might not already know the lay of the land.
rhertzog

Postby Riamus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Lane guidance has been recommended before and I'm sure it's being considered. It would, however, be quite an undertaking to accomplish. That being said, I agree that it is a very good thing to add.

Zooming out to see your entire route when you first select it can be useful, but Waze has a pretty limited max zoom level, so any long routes aren't going to display anyhow. As far as zooming out manually, don't bother with pinching. I agree that it doesn't work very well. Just tap the screen once and use the +/- buttons that appear. You can zoom very rapidly that way. Auto-zoom shouldn't fight anything unless you're driving. And you really shouldn't be playing with the map while driving. ;)
[ img ]
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on LG Aristo 2.
Riamus

Postby Riamus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

True, but that's kind of a pale imitation of lane guidance. It's good to know to keep left/right, but knowing whether that means to stay in the very right lane on a 6 lane highway or if it means you can stay in any of the 3 right lanes can be very useful. Many times, the roads are well marked with signs, but there have been times I've been on roads where you simply have no clear idea. Lane guidance is great for such situations. It also helps in cases where Waze or any other navigation app or device tells you to keep right or left only to find out that you don't have to do anything beyond not exiting on a new exit ramp. Just my opinion anyhow.
[ img ]
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on LG Aristo 2.
Riamus

Improve lane detection

Postby Rich2BRock » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 am

Hello!

When I´m driving in Sao Paulo and other bigger cities in Brazil, it is very common that big avenues as the Marginals that has Groups of lanes listed as the main lane "express lanes", sometimes the "center lanes" and common the "side lanes". Each group individually has several ar lanes.
Many times I´m driving on a main lane group and waze does not detect in which group I´m driving, so when It guides me to turn to a street, it may not be possible as I´m in the wrong lane group. Other situation is that many times I can see that one of the other lanes are flowing better and take it, but as waze so far has no feature to detect or allow me to set in which group of lane i´m driving, it may wrongly suggest to other drivers to get the slowest lane, as it will take in consideration that I flowed fast through that lane.
My request was to consider the possibility to allow the used to point on scree when he is driving on a different lane from the pointed in the screen.
Rich2BRock

Road Lane Information

Postby rvaltes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 am

How can I have also the information about which lane I should be in. It's so important and the route is not very accurate when we need to change the lane in the route.
rvaltes

Lane assistance

Postby sambamu » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:11 am

Lane guidance.
sambamu

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests