Better support on multiple lane roads

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Lane Closures

Postby callumjp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:27 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:There is a text box anyone could use to type in that information. I do it all the time. I report Construction on Road and then type what lane is affected.

The issue with this is that the comments aren't spoken in alerts and are too small to read on the Waze display (and we should be spending that amount of time reading the comments anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

Postby callumjp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:29 pm

BabeJenkins wrote:I completely agree with this. The whole point of reporting things is to make it as quick as possible, especially when you're trying to be a safe driver and use as few steps as possible to report an issue. I don't see how difficult it would be to have a lane closure option, and then be able to say right lane or left lane. There are so many times I wish I knew in advance whether to get over into a left lane or right lane when construction was coming up ahead. In a busy city with lots of lanes of traffic, this information can be extremely helpful. I agree with what was said above, you don't see comments or hear comments while you're driving in the app. Pretty much makes a comments useless. The whole point is to be looking at your phone as little as possible, so that you can keep your eyes on the road which is where they're supposed to be.

Totally echo this. Lane closure / Lane no. Similar to the "my side / other side" option for hazards. Anyone that suggests this isn't useful is thinking about themselves only - this is meant to be a community forum and we all have different experiences of driving.

callumjp

Postby karlcr9911 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 pm

So what if it's a 4 or 5 lane highway, which Waze doesn't monitor number of lanes, how do you report it effectively without adding in multiple taps?

Currently, Waze has no plans to implement a feature like this but you're more than welcome to follow the link at the top to make a more appropriate feature request direct to Waze.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Lane Closures

Postby callumjp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:So what if it's a 4 or 5 lane highway, which Waze doesn't monitor number of lanes, how do you report it effectively without adding in multiple taps?

Currently, Waze has no plans to implement a feature like this but you're more than welcome to follow the link at the top to make a more appropriate feature request direct to Waze.

Have numbers instead? E.g. Lane 1/2/3/4. A challenge for Waze's UX team, is it not?

callumjp

Re: Better support on multiple lane roads

Postby karlcr9911 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Most drivers will be confused as to which lane is considered which...you have to think of the masses and not just what might make sense to you.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Lane selection in reporting (vote)

Postby briedis_eugenijus » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:12 pm

I suggest implementing ability to choose a single or multiple lanes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, left/right/U turn lane, 2 of them, all and etc.) when reporting an event - stopped vehicle, accident, object on road, traffic, closure, road works.
It would be very useful and helpful feature letting warned drivers to prepare and choose a clear lane in advance.

If it would be too complicated to implement it to work in navigation level when calculating route and/or visualizing it on map, in initial/pilot stages I believe it would be enough to implement in cosmetic level - just adding the information in pop-ups shown when approaching reported spot and when clicked on it.

If you like the idea, please give some votes for it:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... -reporting
briedis_eugenijus
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Lane selection in reporting (vote)

Postby kahlcolimon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Interesting idea. It is important to clarify the subject better not to confuse. It must be ensured to do well and not generate a problem.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Last edited by kahlcolimon on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ img ]
Kahl Colimon
Coordinador Waze Colombia
Partner Coordinator/Waze Local Champ/Country Manager
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Lane selection in reporting (vote)

Postby vince1612 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

briedis_eugenijus wrote:I suggest implementing ability to choose a single or multiple lanes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, left/right/U turn lane, 2 of them, all and etc.) when reporting an event - stopped vehicle, accident, object on road, traffic, closure, road works.
It would be very useful and helpful feature letting warned drivers to prepare and choose a clear lane in advance.

If it would be too complicated to implement it to work in navigation level when calculating route and/or visualizing it on map, in initial/pilot stages I believe it would be enough to implement in cosmetic level - just adding the information in pop-ups shown when approaching reported spot and when clicked on it.

If you like the idea, please give some votes for it:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... -reporting

I've merged your suggestion and the answer it got into an existing thread about this, it was suggested many times before here on the forum and on uservoice (searching for "lane" in the suggestion box returns 292 results!).

As always please try to post in existing threads or to offer links to existing suggestions rather than to create new ones.. It serves no purpose to have 292 suggestions about lane support with 10-100 upvotes each rather than one main suggestion with thousands of votes.

[ img ]

It would be awesome to be able to count on Champs' collaboration with this matter by not encouraging duplicate suggestions with their posts and instead helping new users find older threads or uservoice suggestions, especially when the suggestion is a well known one.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

LINE ASSISTANCE PLEASE!!!

Postby klinikov » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 am

It's so difficult abd risky to drive without it.
As TomTom Garmin and other have this function for years maybe it's time to bring it to the best navigation app ever ?)
Please!
klinikov

Road Lane Information

Postby rvaltes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:01 am

How can I have also the information about which lane I should be in. It's so important and the route is not very accurate when we need to change the lane in the route.
rvaltes

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests