Annoying chirp in "Alerts Only" mode when changing course

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: iOS 9.1 Waze 4.0.0.1 alerts only

Postby vince1612 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm

pHilNH wrote:the app constantly makes noises and if I am able to look at my phone it seems to be showing me a turn for my route coming up. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of alerts only?

It's not for an upcoming turn, it's that you missed the turn the app wanted you to follow and that it's re-routing you.
And apparently it doesn't defeat it for everyone... This was actually requested by many in the past.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Auto navigate

Postby puthatcookiedown » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:40 am

Please turn off the chirping noise in alerts only mode...or allow me to turn off the auto navigate feature

Sometimes i just want to use waze to hear road alerts. The chirping noise is distracting when I'm not using it for navigating
puthatcookiedown

Is there a way to turn off Missed turn alert?

Postby ROCNDAV » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Waze tries to take me a certain way on my morning commute.
If I deliberately take a different route, it keeps beeping at every intersection and interrupting my audio/music that I am listening to. Is there a way to turn this beeping/chirping off, other than to stop the navigation?
ROCNDAV

Re: Is there a way to turn off Missed turn alert?

Postby vince1612 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:23 pm

ROCNDAV wrote:Is there a way to turn this beeping/chirping off, other than to stop the navigation?

Sure, you can leave navigation on and switch your sound settings from "All sounds and alerts" or "Alerts only" to "Mute" (no sounds at all).
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ROCNDAV » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 pm

pHilNH wrote:I don't know if was an iOS update or a Waze app update, but when I choose alerts only for navigation - because I don't need step by step directions, I only want accidents and police - the app constantly makes noises and if I am able to look at my phone it seems to be showing me a turn for my route coming up. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of alerts only?

That's how feel.

I only want to be alerted if there's police or an accident on the road.
Especially when I am close to home or my office.
ROCNDAV

Postby tonytx05 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 am

pHilNH wrote:I don't know if was an iOS update or a Waze app update, but when I choose alerts only for navigation - because I don't need step by step directions, I only want accidents and police - the app constantly makes noises and if I am able to look at my phone it seems to be showing me a turn for my route coming up. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of alerts only?

A change in the route, either because of changing traffic conditions or because you went off-route, is an alert, isn't it? I normally drive with alerts-only because my routes are pretty well known, but I still want to be alerted if Waze found something better because of traffic/accident/closure/etc. after I started my drive.
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

[ img ][ img ]

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid
tonytx05
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Annoying chirp in "Alerts Only" mode when changing cours

Postby bricot » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Same here, I only want to be notified of hazards or reasons to change the route I am on (traffic, etc). Is there a way to set "alerts only" mode to your favorites/work/home and leave the voice nav on for anything else without having to change it in settings?

Preferred routes would be a nice to have - save a number of preferred routes and have an option to set alert only mode to preferred routes.

I didn't know the alerts-only mode was introduced until I read this post! I will give it a try - its a big step in the right direction from the 'stop annoying me with turn by turn direction the route I have driven for years' complaint. Nice! I'll try it on the commute home tonight!
bricot

Postby pHilNH » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Not to sound like a jerk, but isn't a route change part of requesting directions? And not an alert?
For my commute, unless the road is completely closed, I'm not changing my route due to traffic or an accident. Which is why I used alerts only - because I didn't want any directions or suggested route changes.
pHilNH

Postby bricot » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Around here, I would change my route based on heavy traffic. That's part of why I would like to see a preferred route option that you can save routes too, if there is a reason to change (traffic/accident/etc) then I would want the app to audibly let me know that something is causing a delay and let me know if there is a faster route available. I tried the alerts only mode - I wouldn't mind it initially announcing which route it is suggesting (I'd prefer it if it recognized its your going to work time to pop up a list of your preferred routes for you to choose, some days I need to drop of kids at daycare - 1 route, others I go straight to work, different route..)
bricot

Postby tonytx05 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Why don't you add daycare as a stop on your way when needed?
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

[ img ][ img ]

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid
tonytx05
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests