Ability to remove last contact in 'send ETA'

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Ability to remove last contact in 'send ETA'

Postby southkelda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:04 am

Delete the address, then resave the address. The person associated with the ETA will be removed.
southkelda

Postby xtremetoonz » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

I hadn't considered that concept before! Thank you @southkelda! To expand a bit, each address seems to store who you've sent your ETA to the most (or some kind of metric). By deleting the address you're seeing the unwanted contact showing up under, you clear that out. Re-add the address and you shouldn't see that contact show up anymore.

Thank you again!
xtremetoonz

Ex girlfriend is at the top of the "Share this drive" list

Postby jackthesmack » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:13 am

My ex is always at the top of the list, and is the first button that I can click without even opening the list. How do I remove her from this list? My current GF is getting really upset over seeing her face whenever I navigate with Waze.
jackthesmack

Postby pilot1946ch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:41 pm

For the love of god, please! I don't want to see my ex wife's face anymore! I've removed the app, reinstalled, but it seems the only option is to create a new profile and start all over.
pilot1946ch

Postby daveepler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:20 am

southkelda wrote:Delete the address, then resave the address. The person associated with the ETA will be removed.

So you mean the address you are navigating TO?

I have a similar issue with my Soon To Be Ex wife
daveepler

Re: Send ETA Suggestions

Postby monster9999 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:58 pm

+500
We are no longer Waze friends. We are no longer Facebook friends. But every time I go somewhere, his old profile pic pops up in the ETA area, with a little plus on it. What is that for, so I can add him as a friend again, and then send him my ETA? NO. I tried disconnecting from FB, but there he was again when I reconnected. Please make it stop.
monster9999

Postby monster9999 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:03 pm

southkelda wrote:Delete the address, then resave the address. The person associated with the ETA will be removed.

THANK YOU!!

At first I tried this by changing my home address to a random address I knew I'd never sent to my ex, but there he was still. Next I went in and deleted 'Home' altogether. After I re-added it, he is no longer a suggestion. Fingers crossed this is the solution!!!
Last edited by monster9999 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster9999

Postby vince1612 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:10 pm

This might sound a bit extreme but has anyone tried resetting the app?

You can do that by typing "##@resetapp" in the search bar (where you type to search an address).

N.B. - Once you've done that you will need to log back in the app, so make sure you have setup your info correctly in the account settings and that you know your username and password. When on the login screen, you will need to tap on "Already a Wazer?" at the bottom to log back in an existing account. - Doing this may unsync some of your data, favorites, points, rank etc.. but only temporarily and it should sync back within 24h to a week at most.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wkbmarine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:53 pm

I just tried the ##@resetapp trick and it didn't work. The contact disappeared for a few minutes, but as soon as I synced back up with Facebook, the ex was there again. My ex isn't in my phone in any way (number, address,etc) and she's blocked on Facebook. So there's no reason that she should be syncing
wkbmarine

Postby vince1612 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:38 am

wkbmarine wrote:I just tried the ##@resetapp trick and it didn't work. The contact disappeared for a few minutes, but as soon as I synced back up with Facebook, the ex was there again. My ex isn't in my phone in any way (number, address,etc) and she's blocked on Facebook. So there's no reason that she should be syncing

Thanks for giving feedback on this. Then @everyone don't go through the trouble.

I had suggested it because I've often had the suggested share ETA go back to blank after it, but since in my case the person I most often share ETA with is still the same one, I was often re-sharing right away so I thought that was the reason the suggestion came back and didn't think it was also syncing that. But it from what you are saying it does.

I use this feature a lot and all I can say is that the first person I had as a suggestion was my dad, but that changed as soon as I started sharing my drives more often (several times a week) with someone else. For those who are stuck with an unwanted person, have you been using the sharing ETA feature with another person regularly since then? As I said for me that made Waze switch the suggestion to that newly frequently used contact instead and my dad wasn't suggested anymore after that. (we still get along though ;) )

N.B. - I realize that having to share ETA with someone else repeatedly is not the ideal solution as it is not a quick one and would require you to potentially "bug" someone in your Waze friends with shared drives to achieve it. However currently I do not know of any other way to just remove it. Maybe try asking good and understanding friend and tell them to turn off Waze notifications for a week as you share your drives with him/her for a while until it "fixes" the suggested person in the share ETA pop-up menu.

P.S. - I found a suggestion for such a feature in the suggestion box:
Make list of "suggested eta recipients" editable. Waze staff will not check this forum, if you'd like them to see this feature request, you need to upvote this suggestion in the suggestion box.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests