Change alert distance

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Police warning distance.

Postby pipinos1976 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 pm

wrxnh wrote:
pipinos1976 wrote:I opened a similar topic but I write here too. We need custom alerts, not only increased distance. In Greece we have Traffipatrol XR lidars that can clock you up to 1500m (almost 1mi).

Is LIDAR jamming legal in Greece?

No way. RDs illegal. Jammers too. That's why we need alerts from other users.

SpeedWade wrote:The warning distance should vary depending on whether the police is STATIONARY or MOVING, which would be a lot more valuable information than HIDDEN vs VISIBLE.

Multiply the speed limit on that stretch by the # of minutes since the LEO was reported and adjust the warning distance accordingly.

When that distance exceeds 5 miles, delete the report.

When I'm behind a police car (who is gradually pulling ahead, of course) I have no idea whether to report it, report it every 5 minutes, or how to give oncoming WAZERS any warning.

That's useful too. Hidden or visible is a good info too cause we have to know if it's 100% sure that we'll see the speed trap or not.

mweb123 wrote:Allowing wazers to choose a greater distance would allow them to drive with notice of what is upcoming...rather then acting hastily within a short range. Many apps have provided this information before, with members choosing their desired distance of notifications. This information is public record, it's not illegal to post and share. News/Radio do it all the time. It's a traffic suggestion.

Options between a 1/4mile and 1mile, would provide adequate notice to all drivers...anything less is just pandering to you know who!!!

I would suggest to give voice alerts at greater distances, such as 1 and 2 miles, as speed traps using lidars in Greece will clock you from 1mi (Traffipatrol XR clocks according to the manual at 1500m but in reality way over 1mi) and visual alerts up to 3-4mi.
pipinos1976

Postby wrxnh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:28 am

pipinos1976 wrote:No way. RDs illegal. Jammers too. That's why we need alerts from other users.

That sucks. Just like Virginia. They ban everything. Heck in some states they even have speed & red light camera (scam) on top...
wrxnh

Postby pipinos1976 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm

At least it's legal to have gps navigation with pois to avoid cameras and speed traps, while it's illegal to do so in Germany. That's one country that things are worse than Greece in this field.
pipinos1976

Hazard/Police/Accident notification - Heavy Traffic

Postby Chrison77 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 am

Hello,

I noticed that the default notification for a hazard/police/accident is about 1/2 mile. Can this be adjusted? In very slow traffic the notification sits there for minutes, and cannot be confirmed until closer to the hazard.

Thanks for any insight from the community.
Chrison77

Alerts for Police Radar, hazard, etc.

Postby bogdanFDS » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Please add options for alarm distance(500m is default, 1000m, 1500m). Old version have this options. Thank you!
bogdanFDS

Re: Suggestion. Lengthen alert distance

Postby TNtreg » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm

I know this is an old thread and Waze has not yet had time to work on this type of request, but what I'm finding is that a road hazard usually requires the attention of the driver and therefore there is a delay before the notification button is pressed on the app. A good example, I got a pothole alert (what a pothole it was!!) but while the alert showed it down the road a ways, I was at the pothole when I got the alert. At interstate speeds, it would be good to extend the alert to a mile to cover the delay of the poster actually posting. Thanks!!
TNtreg

Re: Suggestion. Lengthen alert distance

Postby vince1612 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Unfortunately posting here won't help. I suggest reading the text in the [Guidelines] How to request and search for new features
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Change alert distance

Postby vatolizama » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:20 am

Waze alerts you to turn when you are .2 miles away. Thy is not enough time to switch lanes. Apple maps gives you a 2 mile warning. Please consider changing the distance alert.
vatolizama

Re: Change alert distance

Postby KTCAOP » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:47 pm

I get different turn warnings depending on the speed, road type, and distance.

Can you please give an example of what you mean of Waze being super, super late to let you know of your next direction?
KTCAOP

Re: Change alert distance

Postby vvk11 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:24 pm

I've digged this thread... really it needs years to increase alert distance in highway environment? It's not about police, it's about any alerts. 500m is ok for city, but not at high speed!
vvk11

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests