Mute frequently encountered red light/speed cameras

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Mute frequently encountered red light/speed cameras

Postby bart99gt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Already added it to Uservoice back in May, but apparently hasn't gotten any attention.

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... peed-red-l

Users need to be able to selectively mute/hide warnings about red light and speed cameras that they frequently encounter along their normal commute. These warnings really only are of benefit to users who have never or infrequently drive a certain route, to everyone else, they're just a constant annoyance, almost up there with the "Look out, vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead!" alerts. (Need to tell the wife to mute those on her phone too :D)

I've driven past a particular intersection that has had RLCs for the past 7-8 years, I don't need Waze constantly telling me it is there each and every time I drive by it. Either make it a "smart" feature by providing an option that recognizes when a user frequently drives by/in close enough proximity of a camera to trigger an alert, and after the 5th or 6th alert, it starts automatically suppressing the alert, or at least give users the ability to permanently suppress the alert manually via a button when the alert is displayed.
US Country Manager
Memphis, TN Area Manager
Cobb/Douglas County, GA Area Manager

Mississippi Wiki Page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Mississippi
bart99gt

Re: Mute frequently encountered red light/speed cameras

Postby JamesHenry1974 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Please......This is soooo annoying and the only thing I dislike about the entire app.
JamesHenry1974

Postby santyg2001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi,

As an alternative solution you can disable the sound of the alert permanently.
Attachments
IMG_3610.PNG
Step 4
(58.27 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
IMG_3609.PNG
Step 3
(172.9 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
IMG_3608.PNG
Step 2
(112.46 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
IMG_3607.PNG
Step 1
(106.39 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Santiago
LaSallista - #300lasalle.
santyg2001
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby trainman74 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:20 pm

santyg2001 wrote:As an alternative solution you can disable the sound of the alert permanently.

Turning off the "speed cams" alerts doesn't do anything about red light camera alerts. Even with the updates to the settings menus in version 4.47, there is no way to turn off red light camera alerts.
trainman74

Postby MikeErage » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 am

I don't care much for RLC alerts. I can easily remember the red lights, but the speed cameras are always a problem. I wish they would always sound an alert even if I am not speeding. Often times I am in heavy traffic and finally can start accelerating and that is when the camera might catch me.
MikeErage

Postby jm6087 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:46 pm

michaelerage wrote:I don't care much for RLC alerts. I can easily remember the red lights, but the speed cameras are always a problem. I wish they would always sound an alert even if I am not speeding. Often times I am in heavy traffic and finally can start accelerating and that is when the camera might catch me.

Easy solution: Don't speed :D
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Waze App Feature Requests