Bicycle riders

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Bicycle riders

Postby zvi-k » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 am

is it possible to add an application button connected to Waze or a status in Waze application for bicycle riders, so when they activate it their location will be displayed in realtime for car drivers, so they can pay more attention and be more careful when they are driving?

thank you
Zvika
zvi-k

Re: Bicycle riders

Postby Glodenox » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am

Dealing with such moving objects on a map is quite difficult. There's a decent delay, it requires a constant internet connection and then I haven't even started about the privacy complications that come into play. If someone were to use this app and drive on an almost deserted road, I think this might paint a target on your head should someone with not-so-noble intentions use the app. I assume you are asking this because you cycle in a country with little cycling infrastructure? :(

While I'm an avid cyclist myself (I calculated I did more kilometers on my bicycle than in my car last year), I'm not convinced that the idea would be worth the effort. I see too many issues to overcome, not in the least the problem on how to convince cyclists to use this app.

That said, it is not up to me to decide things. I'm just giving my honest thoughts on the idea.
Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Waze App Feature Requests