Waze for emergency vehicles!!!

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Waze for emergency vehicles!!!

Postby joystickkhan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:41 am

Is a thought I have in my mind for some years, wouldn’t be cool if there is a version of Waze for EV? And when an EV is on Emergency mode Waze could inform all vehicles in front and in the near interchanges. Sometimes if you have loud music is extremely difficult to hear the sirens
joystickkhan

Re: Waze for emergency vehicles!!!

Postby jm6087 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 pm

joystickkhan wrote:Is a thought I have in my mind for some years, wouldn’t be cool if there is a version of Waze for EV? And when an EV is on Emergency mode Waze could inform all vehicles in front and in the near interchanges. Sometimes if you have loud music is extremely difficult to hear the sirens

Even if any app did what you are suggesting, you would need 100% off the Emergency Vehicles using the app and 100% of the drivers using the app in order for it to work.

If your music is so loud that you can't hear sirens, you should turn the radio down. You should never count on an app to tell you that an Ambulance or Fire Truck is coming up on you.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby dBsooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:00 am

Some 911 centers actually have a tie in with Waze. One of the global champs here is the man behind that. As for EVs using it, I don’t know the legalities that would be involved, but I’m sure karlcr9911 could fill us in. :)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Eastern Oklahoma, DFW, Southern Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone XS Max | iOS 12 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby karlcr9911 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:14 am

dBsooner wrote:Some 911 centers actually have a tie in with Waze. One of the global champs here is the man behind that. As for EVs using it, I don’t know the legalities that would be involved, but I’m sure karlcr9911 could fill us in. :)

Hi, yup this already possible and happening through a Waze partnership with Haas Alert.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Waze App Feature Requests