Reports Shortcuts

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Reports Shortcuts

Postby PVasile97 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Hey. I would like to see in a future update Reports Shortcuts.
What does that mean? Simple. At buttons 3 user-defined reports above the Report button. Just tap them and the report will sent. Without any additional steeps. I found that making a report takes your eyes from the road for a good 3 seconds, if you you want make an accurate report, for example, a pothole on the road. You have 5 taps.

I know I can swipe from the report, but you still have to choose where the pothole is, tap the pothole then sent, basically one swipe and 3 taps, not a big of a difference.
I know you can make a shortcut to a report by pressing later, but it's only one time use.
I know the voice commands exit, but not on my country. (if you know a workaround to make them work, let me know).

I attach a image bellow to show you how I see this.
[ img ]

Also, I think you can make a feature for cars that have Bluetooth Players.
You should be able to catch the media inputs coming from the CD player the same way as a music player do and use this to control the app in different ways, to make a report for example. That is most useful for cars that have steering wheel media controls.

Let me explain how this could work. You press volume up on the steering wheel, this command will go to the CD player, then via Bluetooth, to the phone (Waze app). In the app you should be able to map the volume up button to the something. Imagine, just pressing volume up on the steering wheel and reporting a pothole. I don't know exactly how you will be able to control your music app, but I think Waze developers will find a way to pass the command to the music app, audio player integration existing already in Waze.

VOTE THE IDEEA HERE: https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... -shortcuts
Last edited by PVasile97 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PVasile97

Re: Reports Shortcuts

Postby jm6087 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm

You might want to post in the Waze App Feature Request forum instead of here. Also while you are in there, you might want to read the very first item - [Guidelines] How to request and search for new features.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PVasile97 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:41 pm

jm6087 wrote:You might want to post in the Waze App Feature Request forum instead of here. Also while you are in there, you might want to read the very first item - [Guidelines] How to request and search for new features.

Please move this post on Features Requests sub-forum, if you can do that as a Country Manager.
PVasile97

Postby karlcr9911 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:34 pm

You can use 'OK Waze' to tell Waze what to report and that is zero taps.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby PVasile97 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:You can use 'OK Waze' to tell Waze what to report and that is zero taps.

Voice commands not available in my country.
PVasile97

Return to Waze App Feature Requests