A Few Feature Requests

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: A Few Feature Requests

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm

EastBay wrote:MOST IMPORTANT:
* Add support for roads that are one-way during certain hours of the day. I got very bad routing in Washington, DC this week when it tried to take me down Rock Creek Parkway when it was one way the other way for rush hour.

Already under development.

EastBay wrote:* Add an option of "Stopped Car" on road for a hazard. For some reason Stopped Car is only available on shoulder, when one on the road is MUCH more dangerous!

Already available in countries with voice command availability. On-screen text will always be more limited than voice commands due to safety concerns.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:06 pm

wrj0 wrote:Sure would be easier (safer?) to select it from the list rather than entering in the "Share details here" window. Thanks for any consideration and for a great app.

If you can, just use the voice command.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

A Few Feature Requests

Postby EastBay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi,

I love Waze and use it every day, so here are my list of features that would make it even better...

MOST IMPORTANT:
* Add support for roads that are one-way during certain hours of the day. I got very bad routing in Washington, DC this week when it tried to take me down Rock Creek Parkway when it was one way the other way for rush hour.

OTHER USEFUL IMPROVEMENTS:
* Add an option of "Stopped Car" on road for a hazard. For some reason Stopped Car is only available on shoulder, when one on the road is MUCH more dangerous!

* Add a better search for a restaurant (or whatever) along route. Ideally with a maximum time range and maximum distance from route. Like "Show me restaurants that are less than 5 minutes off my route and that I will get to in the next hour". This would be awesome on road trips!

* Add pre-loading of maps in a certain area. I went to West Virginia where there was no network connection. It would have been great if Waze could cache that map data and at least work (without live updates, of course) for navigation while I was there.

* Add support for No Left Turn at certain intersections for certain times of day (e.g. 6-9 AM)

Keep up the great work,

-- Paul
EastBay

Postby Littlebus » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi, I'm a truck driver that uses Waze. Myself and all of the truck drivers I know love the app and use it daily. I personally think your development team should create an app based on the same reporting system the app currently uses, but design it specifically for truck drivers. I know I would be happy to pay for an app like Waze that does routing to prevent truck drivers from getting on roads that trucks are not allowed on, uses the same traffic reporting system, and includes weight station locations and allow drivers to report if that weight station is open or not. I understand that is a lot to ask, but I think you would be surprised to see how many truck drivers would buy this app.
But if that would not be feasible in the near future, could you guys at least add the weight station functionality to the current standard Waze app. Hope you consider this idea. Keep up the great work and thanks for all the hard work and coding!
Littlebus

Postby wrj0 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 pm

I too occasionally find the need to report "Vehicle Stopped" under Hazard on Road. It's available under Hazard on Shoulder, so it would seem to be no more of a safety concern reporting On Road vs. On Shoulder. Sure would be easier (safer?) to select it from the list rather than entering in the "Share details here" window. Thanks for any consideration and for a great app.
wrj0

Return to Waze App Feature Requests