Why So Low Volume Output?  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Why So Low Volume Output?

Postby phrab77 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:35 pm

I think I found the solution. Change your sound setting to device the fault then exit Waze. Then start Waze and search for some address, any address. Have your finger ready on the volume up button. As soon as Waze starts to speak, press the volume up button. You will see that it was all the way down, for some reason that I don't know. You can put it all the way up.
phrab77

Postby OPElly » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 pm

I also found that the phone volume affects Waze's speaker volume on Nexus 5x. And on my phone, at least, I don't actually have to make a phone call; it's enough to start the dialer app.

The obvious question to me, then is: can't there be a more direct (not to mention obvious) way to adjust Waze's speaker volume while it's in use than to snake your way to Waze's settings, or to start the phone app?

And if you do go to Waze's volume setting, wouldn't it be nice if it played a sound immediately upon moving the slider to you'd have some idea of the result without making your way back to somewhere Waze issues a sound now? Remember, folks, you might be in motion while needing to do this!
OPElly

Postby qazxcvbnmm » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

After upgrading to the latest version, I started to have sound issues with the speaker being too quiet. I tried and increased the volume (as suggested above) to maximum but little change. I contacted Waze support and they suggested clearing the cache (cc@tts) and reinstalling but also this troubleshooting for bluetooth.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6291187?hl=en

I discovered that in the Advanced Sound menu that I had Sound Output set as "Play as Bluetooth phone call". I think this is new since I remember setting it to "Prefer Bluetooth" which doesn't exist anymore (at least on iOS). I reset it to "Device default" and my speaker volume is back to normal. Hope this helps.

BTW, support was great. Responded in 5 minutes.
qazxcvbnmm
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Brian6502554639 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Volume thru phone speaker was great until recent update, now barely audible. This makes Waze very unsafe to use. Have device volume peaked & Waze prompt volume peaked...does no good. Recommended Waze to a friend & he is having same problem!
Brian6502554639

Postby TomInOrlando » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:09 pm

I have to add that this is STILL a problem with Waze (Iphone 4S). Volume has always been too low. I added a BT Speaker to help Waze, but then all other sounds are too loud. I think it is time to fix this issue. My prior GPS 'GPS Drive' had the ability to adjust GPS Volume and Master Audio Sound Volume in the App, so to allow you to adjust the relative volumes.
TomInOrlando

Postby einshem1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:04 pm

I concur with everyone else. You have to increase the music/BT volume in the car so high in order to hear Waze that the music itself is way too loud.
einshem1

Postby eric777777 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

I have found a trick: you run another gps app : like avertinoo.
Then you run waze and the sound volume is correct on waze.
eric777777

Postby blondetini » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 am

Same for me here as well, since latest update. Sound is barely audible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blondetini

Postby tizadrienne » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 pm

I had the same problem on my iPhone (except there was NO sound), and after uninstalling and reinstalling waze several times, and checking all the sound settings for both Waze and the iPhone, I finally discovered that my MUSIC volume was set to 0 and that was directly affecting the Waze volume. Go to the music app, play a purchased song, and you will see the volume bar at the bottom. Turn that up all the way.
tizadrienne

Postby wifiuk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:55 pm

i have noticed the sound i low compared to say, google maps...

I think there is a bug here
wifiuk

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App