Request: electric charge stations

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

RE: Waze Parking & Electric charging

Postby noblescarlet666 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 pm

I have just recently discovered the app called Appyparking for London parking, and would like to see features similar to that on Waze, Appyparking is lacking a lot of features which I think would make it better such as the ability to add parking locations, as I've noticed it doesn't have all of them, or the ability to notify other users of an electric charger being out of use etc.

1) What I would like to see in Waze is, available parking in any given area with parking rules, prices where available with the ability for users to further add other parking locations and times/prices on to this. (Like in appyparking)

2) Electric charging spots with info on what kind of chargers there are, whether they are on-street or in carparks. This info can be pulled from already existing websites/systems that offer electric parking maps but again, not 1 single system has them all, which means I have to cross-reference between 2 or 3 sometimes more of them.

3) On the screen that lets users notify of hazards, add places etc, it would be useful to have the option to also add electric charging and/or parking spots not already shown with the relevant info and whether or not charging spots are working.

4) Lastly, it would be great to have a feature where we can choose what is shown on the map, sort of like layers i.e petrol stations with prices, electric parking spots, parking locations, this would be especially useful while driving so instead of fidgeting with the app you can just see them there while you drive (with price tags) and can simply click on say the petrol station (parking, electric charging) and it navigates you there rather that the current system where you have to manually go on the app click on the fuel prices and it searches for nearby petrol stations which can be bothersome and dangerous while your driving.

Appyparking lets me use Apple maps, Google maps, and Waze to navigate but, to be honest, I would prefer 1 app that takes care of all my driving/parking needs rather than have lots of them and manoeuvring between them constantly. Plus I prefer the social aspect of Waze that the other apps lack. Also, one last point, it would also be useful for waze to remember where I parked my car for those situations where this is necessary.
noblescarlet666

electric car

Postby SylvaindeRoy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:54 pm

there is posib to add , electric born , and ev road line on they app
SylvaindeRoy

CNG and electric

Postby MrBjornagain » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Can we add two types of fuels? Locating CNG stations and Electric charging stations would be VERY helpful in the United States.
MrBjornagain

Electric Charging Stations

Postby MrMarty77 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 am

Having bought an electric vehicle, I've noticed that waze has no support for this whatsoever. It kinda surprised me to be honest!

There are many apps that try to assemble a community based map of charging poles but not a single one is really perfect. Quite a mess, actually.

But how is it even possible that waze still has no support for this?
MrMarty77

Re: Request: electric charge stations

Postby simon69c » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:15 pm

I'd like to support this request too - at the moment I end up using plugshare to find the electric points and then have to link the location back to waze for navigation; it would be nice if waze was the one stop shop for electric points. Plugshare does have a nice feature of being able to report the serviceability of electric points, so if these are added to Waze it would be handy to report on when they are working (or not) in a similar way to petrol/gas price reports.
simon69c

Electric cars charging stations

Postby pydagenais » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi, electric cars are more and more present on our roads, and many public and private charging stations can be hard to find, some private are offering free charges and it can be class by voltage and amps available for the charge.

In Montreal area we count near 5000 electric cars on the road.

Thank for looking to get better than any database available.

And plan routes by their locations/ charging speed
AM Grand-Montréal / Rive-Nord
Motorola G / waze v3.6
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
https://sign.wme-tools.com/home/
pydagenais
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby pydagenais » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:49 pm

in canada voltage can vary house get 240V and commercial get 208v.

thats 25% less energy from commercial pluged charging stations !

so voltage must be indicated since it vary the charging time from a grocery store (commercial) to a small convenient store in a private house (residential)
AM Grand-Montréal / Rive-Nord
Motorola G / waze v3.6
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
https://sign.wme-tools.com/home/
pydagenais
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Robert04101 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:27 pm

pydagenais wrote:in canada voltage can vary house get 240V and commercial get 208v.

thats 25% less energy from commercial pluged charging stations !

so voltage must be indicated since it vary the charging time from a grocery store (commercial) to a small convenient store in a private house (residential)

What we EV drivers really care about is power (kW) = amperage x voltage. I would rather charge at 208V @ 40A than 240V @ 30A. That said, there are a lot of cars that have a max amperage, so having both V and A in the data field is important.
Robert04101
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Roarers » Fri May 13, 2016 4:13 pm

This feature was first requested - at least in this thread - in May 2013. Three years later, there's nothing. Does anyone monitor the feature requests? Is there a hotlist of what is being worked on, and likely to be included in soon to be released versions?
Roarers

Postby vince1612 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Roarers wrote:This feature was first requested - at least in this thread - in May 2013. Three years later, there's nothing. Does anyone monitor the feature requests? Is there a hotlist of what is being worked on, and likely to be included in soon to be released versions?

As it's mentionned in this quote
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This forum is lightly monitored by Waze employees and is supported by the Waze community users. When significant issues or bugs arise, these will be made visible to Waze directly by members of the Waze Global Champs.
Source: "READ ME FIRST! General forum guidelines"

So no, but the staff does watch the Waze Suggestion Box however. A lot of suggestions which had many votes have been implemented in the last few years (speed limits, ability to choose which alerts you get, time to leave notifications.. to name a few).

The suggestion for electric charge stations currently has only 233 votes:
https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... ation-info
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests