Request: electric charge stations

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Electric cars

Postby Qunarai » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi everyone

im new on this app and i have an electric car. Is there any option to view the charging ports instead of fuel stations?
Qunarai

Re: Electric cars

Postby Goldsw2 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:42 pm

I would like to see some improvements for Waze for Electric Vehicles (EVs):

Display EV Charging stations
      By Vendor
      Free (no cost)
      Available

Make Avoid Freeways more accessible (I have to get to it via Navigation). Reason: avoiding highways uses less electricity and sometimes is a shorter distance, but takes a bit longer.

Car pool mode - Waze should know that I'm in a carpool lane, so that it won't be confused by my speed compared to non-carpool cars.
Goldsw2

Postby subs5 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Goldsw2 wrote:

Car pool mode - Waze should know that I'm in a carpool lane, so that it won't be confused by my speed compared to non-carpool cars.

Waze is working on HOV, but till it is released we all have to work with the tools that we have. Unfortunately no date for the expected release has been posted yet.

Part of the problem is that phone and tablet GPS calculations are not very accurate, since GPS location is done by the device and then sent to Waze. So the same ambiguity that allows you to be snapped to a 6 lane road represented by one street segment does not allow it to pick up that you are in the Carpool/HOV/HOT/Express Lane a few feet over.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Mechsoldier » Fri May 26, 2017 8:01 am

That may be true but here in Seattle we have these express lanes that go all the way through the city and they go south part of the day then switch to north based on if it's a weekday or weekend/holiday and waze never even suggests them.
Mechsoldier

Postby karlcr9911 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Qunarai wrote:Hi everyone

im new on this app and i have an electric car. Is there any option to view the charging ports instead of fuel stations?

I know the OP here is several months old but the question was never answered and multiple other items have taken over the OP:

You can do a category search for 'Charging Station' to see ones nearby. Just search the term I just mentioned in the Search box where you would normally search for a place or an address.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Routing for Electric Vehicles

Postby sdorn77 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:16 pm

When will Waze offer routing for electric vehicles that takes into account refueling stations (i.e. DC fast chargers)? I rely on Waze for pretty much all of my in-car navigation, but have to separately plan for charging and sometimes force Waze on routes it doesn't want to follow in order to reach appropriate charging stations, etc. Electric Cars are becoming much more main stream at this point, especially in major cities, so when will Waze begin supporting them?
sdorn77

Postby vince1612 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 pm

I have no idea what it will be like and even less if they started any work on it yet, but better support for electric vehicles is definitely on the staff's future plans. Just no communicated ETA or details given yet.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WayAheadOf » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:20 am

Goldsw2 wrote:Car pool mode - Waze should know that I'm in a carpool lane, so that it won't be confused by my speed compared to non-carpool cars.
[/list]

Similar issue in Norway as well. Electric vehicles are allowed to use lanes otherwise dedicated to public transport (busses and taxis) - at least for part of the day. Routing and travel time estimates would therefore be different for electric vs. combustion engine powered cars.
WayAheadOf

Postby subs5 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm

Wayaheadof,
In the DC area we have it set up so that if someone meets the HOV requirement then they go on the road and recalculate the route and Waze will route on HOV for that trip only. You should contact your local editor team to see if they want to establish something of that nature till Waze gives us the tools to implement your recommended change.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Electric car

Postby pydagenais » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi,

I truly like waze but i would like some features for electric cars.

Since my new car is kinda allergic to petrol. It would be nice to improuve it whit the location of charging station's. Some app's are good at that, but none is as great as waze whit android auto! Still waiting with apple carplay.

Look at chargehub or plugshare that give an idea of what's is in place to find some databases of charging stations.

My car gps give me the speed limits in my car screen, but waze doesn't when's it's plugged by Android auto. This should be easy to improve.

Thank for your great app.
AM Grand-Montréal / Rive-Nord
Motorola G / waze v3.6
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
https://sign.wme-tools.com/home/
pydagenais
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests