hud mode... Heads up display

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: hud mode... Heads up display

Postby nikos2wheels » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 pm

GeofF4A wrote:I am among the users who would be very interested in a HUD option for waze, among others, for reasons of driving safety.

Current phone display technology can't get anywhere bright enough to be used during the day. That's strictly for night time driving, correct?
nikos2wheels

HUD mode use

Postby nikos2wheels » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:24 pm

I've seen some posts on this forum about Waze bringing HUD mode functionality. This request is also the 5th most popular suggestion in the Waze Suggestion Box with 6000+ votes.

Currently there are two ways of using the phone as HUD. One is to place the phone on the dashboard and see its reflection off the windshield. This option only works at night (with current phone display technology). The other one is to buy a product like HUDWAY glass and see the phone's reflection off a half-mirrored glass (combiner). This option extends the use to low light conditions but is not really usable in daylight.

When Wazers ask for HUD mode what is their desired mode of use (windshield at night vs combiner on dashboard)?

I am asking because either mode of use can be achieved via hardware solution, instead of software and you would not have to wait for Waze to eventually implement it.
nikos2wheels

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests